Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Wednesday night's all right for riding
  • Northwind

So it seems like ages since we did a wednesday night ride. Unless they’ve just gone secret and nobody’s telling me any more.

Pentlands are reasonably dry just now though still a bit mushy… Or I understand there is some sort of mountain-biking development or trail centre as I think they’re known down near Peebles which is both fun and dry.

Or we can all sit at home and argue on the internet about helmets til we go mad. Anyone?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I’d be up for it. I have been sorting out an east Lothian cx stylee circuit as well if anyone is interested- similar to the queensferry circuit

13thfloormonk

Good shout Northwind, I was enjoying some dryish cheeky singletrack on Sunday.

Can’t make Wednesday though, early start thursday on the racer for a weekend of Argyll roads 8)

Northwind

So what do we do then…

1) Pentlands at the usual time, whenever that is, I forget
    2) That Glentress
    3) TJ’s east lothian thing

Pentlands is sort of summer-wet rather than winter-wet, wee bit of consideration needed as ever.

ojom
    Free Member

Back on with this pretty soon. Cast came off yesterday so should be good for riding lightly…

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

I’m looking forward to these starting up again! Cant make this week tho 🙁

pixelmix
    Free Member

Gah, I missed this thread yesterday, so won’t make it home and out again in time to meet up tonight. Will hopefully tag along if this becomes regular again – East Lothian CX sounds interesting TJ if it is rideable from Edinburgh.

banginon

Always out at Drumlanrig of a Wednesnight if you fancy. 7:00

bigjim

Tempted as long as we don’t have to talk about helmets 😆 and I can out of work and lights on in time.

It was a bit drier up there on saturday but some sections are bad like Capelaw hill, would expect Phantoms etc would be stinking too. I’m not sure where the girls have been going, will ask my hervelo spy.

How fast do you lot ride? I’ve only been out a few times since braining myself last June so still slow. I’ll be using that excuse for years…

Northwind

OK not a lot of people signing up for this weekend so I’m going to sneak off to innerleithen just now instead. Next week!

Hohum
    Free Member

Are these rides open to anyone?

I need to get my act together and buy myself a roof rack so that I could join in as I don’t live that far away, but it is too far to cycle and meet up with you, if you know what I mean.

The lighter evenings may inspire me over the next couple of months.

glynP
    Free Member

I’ll make a few trips to Drumlanrig on Wednesdays also this Thursday we are heading out from the Galston Coop to head up to the Darvel mast if anyone fancies

takisawa2

Is it light all night now then, that far north… 🙂

Northwind

Huh, actually I’m not going to innerleithen after all 🙁

Rides require special invites that you can only get by performing a great personal service to one of the nobility of Edinburgh biking. Or, alternatively, yes open to all.

The pace is sociable, there’s fast riding and slow riding but we regroup regularily for haribo and faff stops and there’s usually a wide mix of rider skill and fitness levels so no worries there.

robgarrioch

Hopefully I’ll make 1 or 2 of the later gatherings, though fitness has slumped so much I’m afraid of looking my age…

For them as wonderin’ what level of GNAR comprises the average group session, here’s a wee flik I put together (mainly) from last years rides, starting with the dark times –
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ECqMUAoUpM[/video]

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Hi

I’m afraid I went out today during the day so am too knackered for tonight now.

Just been out into east lothian – 40 mile from my house round trip but all easy offroad. I’ll post some pics on another thread. Easy to take distance off that with cars or the train.

Deffo up for night rides again tho – so next week route to be decided.

Bigjim – come along. speed is no issue. Its a social ride. I usually am too out of puff to argue 😉

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

I’ll be back in the saddle for wednesday night rides in a couple of weeks.

Open to all and pace suits all ability’s so don’t be shy, it’s a social ride. Anyone wanting to race off can….race off.

Ho Hum, don’t make the mistake of telling anyine where you live as no doubt there will be someone cycling from further away!! 🙂

would have thought that lights will be required for a month or 2 yet.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Wednesday night's all right for riding’ is closed to new replies.