Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Wedding Venues and Packages
  • 888trojan888
    Free Member

Afternoon All,

Me and my better half are looking are getting married in the next 20 months and the stress has begun looking for specific packages/venues to hold our big day.

We dont want to be spending mega bucks as some people tend to do and trying to keep in a budget of 8-10k all in.

Ive had my fill of websites and wedding brochures already :(.

We are looking for somewhere where we can have the ceremony and reception.

Has any of the Singletrack massive got any suggestions or advice or have recently sorted a wedding?

😆

sbob
    Free Member

Rough location?

meehaja
    Free Member

spent £4k. had a ceilidh band, a buffet (feast!) from local curry restaraunt, venue was free, bar was cheap, Ipod and PA system for when band weren’t playing.

Ok, the venue wasn’t a fairy castle or whatever, but with the lights down and some balloons it looked fine!

We looked at some right posh places, but it was all menu A/B/C and only 50 guests etc. Where as what we wanted was a massive party with all our friends and family, having a few beers, a good meal and generally having a massive rave. With friends comeing from all over the country I wanted the bar to be cheap and the venue near lots of cheap hotels. It was all good, and easily the best wedding I’ve ever been to!

888trojan888
    Free Member

North West preferably :lol:.

meehaja – i wouldnt mind just a big piss up and a ruby but she wants something a bit more traditional

grum
    Free Member

Mine is in a nice village hall that’s licensed for the ceremony too. Definitely a cheaper option though the registrar charges a fair whack for coming out.

legend
    Free Member

888trojan888 – Member
    North West preferably :lol:.

Yeah Torridon would be a pretty cool wedding venue

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

I would suggest somewhere council owned, cheaper and some really cool options . . .

manchester art gallery do weddings

and the town hall

you’ll be surprised what your council owns . . .

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

My advice would be to not get too hung up on what to provide your guests for the wedding breakfast (assuming you’re having one).

We initially specced rump steak and champagne amongst other things and then realised we’d save over £2k going for a chicken dish with prosecco. In the end most guests are just grateful for free food and drink!

sbob
    Free Member

Sod that; hog roast and paper plates FTW.
    A good band and a cheap bar and that’s everything sorted, although personally I’d bang up some fireworks as well.

Harry_the_Spider

Manchester Town Hall.

We had ours there. Amazing building, reasonable prices, easy people to deal with, non of the God stuff.

Google Says

nickjb
    Free Member

We had ours in a museum. Suited us well and it was nice to have the run of the place. They also let us arrange our own catering so we used a reasonably priced local caterers rather than being tied to the venues own. They also provided a couple of bar staff and let us supply the booze so we bought a load of bottled beer and champagne from supermarket, a couple of barrels from the local brewery and wine on sale or return. Meant we could have a free bar with nice beer all night at a cost of under £1 a bottle/pint/glass rather than our friends paying £4 for some hotel Carling or John Smiths

sbob
    Free Member

Harry_the_Spider – Member

Manchester Town Hall.

I’ve been to a wedding there and it was nice.

Kryton57

Do yourself a favor and book a “party” rather than a wedding reception. It automatically knocks ££££’s off the bill.

Companys charge extra for anything with the word “wedding” associated with it.

footflaps

Hunt around, there is a large variation in the cost of places for weddings. We just booked ours the other week. Mid week almost halves the price of most venues as does getting a late availability slot eg this summer rather than 2014. The cheaper places, eg village halls, tend not to be the most organised at getting back to you, whereas the more commercial ones are better but obviously cost more.

Loads of quirky places out there inc one of the Biomes at the Eden Project in Cornwall, which was on our short list…

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Wedding Venues and Packages’ is closed to new replies.