Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Wedding venue ideas – S Cumbria, N lancs, N yorks ish
  • grum
    Free Member

So it appears I am getting married after my partner of 16 years proposed to me today! 😀

Just wondering if anyone had any suggestions for venues, more along the lines of a nice village hall or something than a fancy hotel. We would be planning to do quite a lot of food etc ourselves.

Would be cool if there was a place where people could stay/camp etc as well ideally. Was kind of wondering about booking out somewhere like the Blencathra centre but we need a hall that could seat 100-150 people really.

Based in Lancaster so somewhere not a million miles from there ideally.

Anyone got any ideas? Cheers.

br
    Free Member

Wherever you decide on, don’t tell its a wedding…

Go for business conference or the like – probably save 50%.

BenjiM

Chipping village hall is a good venue but may be a bit far.Congratulations too 🙂

grum
    Free Member

Cheers folks, yeah was thinking that b r.

Chipping village hall looks pretty nice actually, on the list!

Junkyard
    Free Member

Congrats dude to you both
    Smiles

yoshimi

Nice one – check out Stanley house – I was impressed with it

user-removed
    Free Member

Yay! Congrats to both of you! Can’t really help with the venue but could cut you a deal for your photography 🙂

lodious
    Free Member

Congratulations Graham 🙂

Trampus
    Free Member

Ashton Memorial? Right on your doorstep. Congrats! 🙂

Bagstard
    Free Member

Congratulations to you sir! Was it a shock or something you were half expecting?

grum
    Free Member

Thanks everyone 😀

yoshimi – looks lovely but maybe a bit beyond our budget.

User-removed, nice – haven’t thought about that yet but cheers (can’t I do it myself? 🙂 )

Ashton memorial is lovely but I’m not sure where we’d have the reception

Bagstard – pretty much out of the blue actually. We’d talked about getting married before but I had no idea what she was planning. Made me cry!

Trampus
    Free Member

Ashton memorial is lovely but I’m not sure where we’d have the reception

The Ashton Memorial is also available for receptions. I have attended several there, over the years.

grum
    Free Member

Ah right thanks, only ever been to a ceremony there.

warton
    Free Member

a friend of ours got married in Augill Castle, wedding was there, evening do, and room for lots of friends to stay over too, was a great day, and night!

linky

Bagstard
    Free Member

Best of luck to you grum, hope you enjoy it, I loved my wedding day!

cp

my sister got married at Meols Hall near Southport.

Very nice!

Home

crispo
    Free Member

We’re booked in to get married at the Tithe Barn at Browsholme Hall next year.

http://www.ribblevalleywedding.co.uk/index.php

Its situated on the edge of the forest of bowland (between chipping and clitheroe) and has great views of Longridge fell.

They can do civil service and reception, they basically tailor the package to whatever you want. The future mrs Crispo is dealing with most of the details……
    In fact the only thing im trying to decide is if my wedding morning ride should be Longridge Fell or Gisburn!

jwt
    Free Member

Got married at Ashton Memorial, then had reception at Lancaster House hotel, can recommend, but that was nearly 12 years ago……………..

lowey

Cant offer any advise re location, but just wanted to pass on my congratulations to you both!

Bunnyhop

Well done to mrs grum for doing the deed.
    Congratulations Graham 🙂

grum
    Free Member

Thanks for all the ideas and good wishes folks 🙂

Love the look of some of these, especially the castle (!) – I think maybe beyond our budget but I will definitely check them out

Currently quite liking the look of Tosside Community Hall, which just so happens to be right next to Gisburn Forest. 😉

Anyone been there? Looks quite nice in pics.

http://www.tossidecommunity.co.uk/

Whats the Dog and Partridge like for pre-drinks/rooms even?

Slaidburn village hall also looks quite nice.

amasaback
    Free Member

Grum, I’m originally from Tosside and my family still live there. I’ve been to quite a few do’s (but not a wedding) in the Village (Community) Hall. I’d recommend it as it has quite a cosy atmosphere in the main room. The only downside is that the bar is a bit small, but I’m sure it would be fine if they have plenty of staff on.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Wedding venue ideas – S Cumbria, N lancs, N yorks ish’ is closed to new replies.