• This topic has 56 replies, 51 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by tyke.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 57 total)
  • Wedding table names!
  • stox
    Free Member

Bit of a random one but I’m getting married in 2 weeks and we are still trying to one up with a good idea for wedding table names. I’m a roadie as well as a MTB’er and with it taking place during the TDF the future Mrs thought we could use that as a theme so stage names, mountains etc and have the top table as champs-élysées. I like the idea of it but
    The more I look at it the less Im not sure it’d work so just thought I’d ask opinions or for any other cycling related ideas!!!!

bigG
    Free Member

We used names of my favourite mountains & munros.

I reckon you could use the names of various famous stages from the classics, or if you have a limited number of tables just name them after the classics?

Mind you Liege – Bastogne – Liege is quite a mouthful as a table name…

thegreatape
    Free Member

What about simple bicycle model names? I would suggest Cove’s range as a good starting point.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    stox
    Free Member

😀

RustySpanner

‘People we like’.
    ‘People I like, but she doesn’t’.
    ‘People she likes, but I don’t’.
    ‘People neither of us like, but had to invite’.
    ‘Alcoholics’.
    ‘Gluttons’.
    ‘Keep away from children’.
    ‘Bores’.

cbike
    Free Member

I always think table names are an injoke that only the bride and groom will get and everyone else needs them explained.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Naming tables? WTF?

I’m sure it’d be a better use of your time numbering them and not wasting an hour or so of your life.

pjt201
    Free Member

famous mountains in the tour?

Ventoux (for the people who fart loads)
    Coix de Fer
    Galibier (top table?)
    Alpe d’Huez etc

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hors_cat%C3%A9gorie

flatfish
    Free Member

Loving Rusty’s idea’s. 😀

nedrapier

Went to a wedding where all the table numbers were 1, but in different languages. Works best if you’ve spent some time in the countries where they’re spoken!

yamyamblade
    Free Member

Spartacus
    Super Mario
    The Badger
    Big Mig
    The Cannibal
    The Pirate
    Mister Tom
    etc etc

climbingkev
    Free Member

I’m going for Peak District crags…….vowels changed to love, honour and belay as well…..BOOM!

convert

I love Rusty’s and just would add two more tables – “people we know will hate each other but thought it would be a laugh to put together and watch you all squirm” and “two people on this table had an affair with each other and their partners don’t know – guess who?!”. Always entertaining.

househusband
    Free Member

We went for places we’d been… left some my cousins wondering what we’d done and where!

freeagent
    Free Member

with ‘er in doors being a Scientist and me an Engineer we had ‘elements’ as table names.. worked OK.

However it was divided up along Rusty spanners guidelines..

Cougar

love, honour and belay

I’m stealing that.

jfletch
    Free Member

To add to Rusty’s list

People we hope will get drunk, bump uglies and look awkward tomorrow.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

I never knew people did this. Everyday’s a school day!

househusband
    Free Member

People we hope will get drunk, bump uglies and look awkward tomorrow.

Disposable camera on each table for that… 8)

adi66
    Free Member

We did ours after our favourite childhood sweets …. As our wedding was a bit of a party rather than a stuck up wedding 😀

Been married 9 years, o my !

trailmoggy
    Free Member

Mine were named after my favourite Wigan Athletic players mutch to my mother in laws disapproval

Kit
    Free Member

Named afters ex’s? Better still if they come.

jonba
    Free Member

We thought about doing places we’d been but it ended up looking a bit pretentious.

We thought about the sweets. No table names on the table just a decoration made using the sweets.

Places we’d lived together but we were a couple short.

We ended up going for local places and using postcards as it was nice and simple.

It’s only table names – we spent considerably longer writing our own vows and I had about 12 drafts of my speech!

seadog101

Went to hotel to check arrangements day before. Were met with a ‘Oh, you haven’t named the tables?’ comment

Cue ‘Errrr what??’ puzzled looks and general bafflement from me and soon to be Mrs Seadog.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

My mate used David Bowie album titles for his table names.

There were a few quizzical looks from the old dears frequenting the Diamond Dogs table I can tell you!

What about simple bicycle model names? I would suggest Cove’s range as a good starting point.

Oh yeh, the handjob table, quality.

mefty
    Free Member

No table names on the table just a decoration made using the sweets.

We went to one that did this but with jars of sweets, sugar overload.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Like the TDF idea or Names of TDF riders, top table could be the Podium.

MrsToast
    Free Member

We had ours named after famous dogs:

Bobby the Wonder Dog
    London (played the Littlest Hobo)
    Belka
    Strelka (first two dogs to go into space and come back alive)
    Snuppy (first cloned dog)
    Smokey (WWII morale dog)

Wedding we went to a few weeks ago had their tables named after mythical creatures. We were on the Kraken table. 😛

lunge

Marked for future reference.

How about love in different languages?
    Favourite beers/wines?

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

We used the names of Scottish Ski runs. Everything from The White Lady, to the Back Passage, via the Haggis Trap and Flypaper. I don’t think we used The Bumhole though. Should have.

RealMan
    Free Member

yamyamblade +1

hughjardon
    Free Member

Call me a traditionalist,

1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 you get the idea, it tends to work quite well and you don’t get people asking all night why their table is called something that the majority of people don’t have a clue about.

timc
    Free Member

family
    tw4ts
    others

snakeysnuggles
    Free Member

we have 8 tables and are having the seven stanes…splitting glentree and innerleithen…..

althepal

Turned up on the day to find my wife had done the table names after all the hospitals I’d been in. Think there was 8 or so. Raigmore, Vale of Leven, GRI, ERI, Yorkhill etc…
    “Dont worry about the names, I’ll sort that out..” har har.
    Suppose it was good for the best man’s speech!

martinhutch

I’m going for Peak District crags…….vowels changed to love, honour and belay as well…..BOOM!

‘Do you TAKE! this woman…?”

Ro5ey
    Free Member

“Mine were named after my favourite Wigan Athletic players mutch to my mother in laws disapproval”

I can just see Auntie Mayble say …. “Chimbonda!! What kind of name it that?”

Brilliant.

With my wife becoming a Mrs Rose, we unsurprisingly has types of roses.

While the berk I work with had different types of Porsches … 911, 944 etc etc …. he couldn’t be more of a city **** if he tried…. Grrr

hels
    Free Member

“the word for love in different languages” thanks for that, now I have to stop drinking coffee to clean the vomit off my keyboard.

If it was me, I would go for famous lines from films you like. It’s all a bit silly anyway so you might as well take it as far as you can.

Starting with:

“Nuke the entire site from orbit–it’s the only way to be sure”

clubber
    Free Member

We used the names of rowing and cycling clubs we’d raced for. Seemed appropriate and people who actually knew us (eg everyone, luckily) got it without any explaining…

McHamish
    Free Member

We went to the Maldives for our honeymoon so the tables were named after various islands.

You could try random numbers…12, 345, 7, 9.4, 7 & 3/4s, 3.14, Q, Batman Symbol.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘Wedding table names!’ is closed to new replies.