Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Wedding invite dilemma…
  • brooess
    Free Member

One of my best mates got divorced a few years ago. I knew his wife pretty well – she was friends with my ex and we all used to hang out together. She wasn’t that nice a person in those days – no empathy at all – but learnt a lot with the divorce and that and because of various friends-in-common I stayed in touch with her and actually get on pretty well these days. My mate doesn’t speak to her at all – he’s happily remarried now.

She’s now got re-married too and I have an invite to the reception in July. But not sure if I should accept. My overriding loyalty is clear – to my mate, and just not sure he’d be too comfortable me going. Not in a big way, just probably a bit uncomfortable. I could raise it with him direct, but thought I’d gather the collective wisdom of STW first cos even having the conversation could be awkward? Options as I see it are:

1. Turn the invite down with an excuse
    2. Go and don’t tell my mate. He’d almost certainly never know but I’d feel guilty for not telling him
    3. Have a chat with my mate and check he’d be ok and then accept/decline

Junkyard
    Free Member

if he is happily remarried surely he is over it by now and happy for her or feels sorry for the bloke?

Onzadog
    Free Member

So long as you’re not taking his ex to the Back Doors Inn, I don’t see it as a major issue. I’d say, don’t ask him as such but as a curtousy, let him know you’re going. Maybe best not to ask him to be your plus one though!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Drac

Go and tell your mate your going, can’t see why he would have a problem.

richpips
    Free Member

Well he’s not going to say you shouldn’t go is he?

But if you are saying “having the conversation could be awkward” then you’d best decline the invitation.

BigDummy
    Free Member

I’d just not go, but I will take pretty much any excuse to get out of spending an entire day watching people spout shite in hired suits before eating another overcooked lamb shank.

😉

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Wedding invite dilemma…’ is closed to new replies.