Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Wedding Gift- Power Kite
  • shuhockey
    Free Member

Saw on a previous thread , someone mentioned getting a Power Kite as a wedding gift. Its my brothers wedding next next weekend. Looking at the gift list its rubbish (glasses, plates, towels and blooming expensive stuff (john lewis and marrying a southener))So came back to that thread, so what £50ish complete power kite kit? They live in the country (M25 outskirts) so little use on the beach. I’ve never used one.
    Thanks

Stoner
    Free Member

They live in the country (M25 outskirts)

1) that’s not the country. But we’ll let that go for now. 😉
    2) £50 is not really “powerkite” world, but you could get a fun kite around that. The flexifoil buzz at c. £60 is their entry level kite.
    http://www.extremekiteshop.com/kites/flexifoil-buzz-power-kite-p-474.html
    3) It’s our 10th wedding anniversary next month. One of our friends got us a wooden wine box with 3 bottles in. One marked for 10th, one 15th and the other (a port) 20th. The first one is to be cracked open soon, but I just did a search to see how much it’s worth now – £150! 😯 it’s a good present.

PS I started on a stacker 6 kite, but at £130 that’s not cheap. I now have a Rage 3.5 which is £250+

winston
    Free Member

Delta kites are more fun in this price range as £50 won’t get you much of a traction kite (the soft wing style) and are more fun to use in parks etc

Decathlon do a great range of cheap delta kites

schrickvr6
    Free Member

£50 won’t buy much unless it’s from Gumtree or Ebay, personally I’d say skip the two line kites and get something like a 2.5m 4 line jobbie, Peter Lynn are generally good value.

shuhockey
    Free Member

cheers. I’ll have a look, but looks like the kite idea is out. Don’t think the new wifee would be please with secondhand!!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Wedding Gift- Power Kite’ is closed to new replies.