Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Webuyanycar…
  • DT78
    Free Member

anyone used them recently? seem to be quite a few unhappy reviews online….

piemonster

They make a profit from your car.

You WILL lose money over a private sale. And I’ve heard they can be a bit snotty if you decline to sell(not with me tho) although that’s an Internet rumour. They will NOT buy your car for the quoted price, they will find things wrong (cosmetic usually)

However, if you want to flog your car very quickly they can do that.

Hohum
    Free Member

I had a quote from them about a month ago for a laugh.

Now I know my car isn’t worth very much, but their quote was laughable.

However, that’s their business model and I guess that it works for them.

DT78
    Free Member

Well I’m expecting them to make profit, but not rip me off…

We just had a px quote of £4k, WBAC’s quote is £4900 which I am expecting to be knocked down a bit but could be more than the dealer is offering. Lowest priced equivalent car on dealers forecourts is £6k

Never sold a car other than a banger so don’t know what dealers margins usually are.

And can’t be arsed with private sale, don’t have the time, and previous history of tyre kickers and companies trying to get me to buy their services has put me off.

zippykona

They wouldn’t buy mine!

piemonster

You’ll lose quite a chunk of that quote, book yourself in first available slot of the day. So you don’t get held up by other punters.

It’s only 15-30 minutes. If your even slightly disappointed walk away. It’s tempting though when somebody s waving money at you.

Don’t forget there’s a fee for admin, £50 iirc. Which is more than the cost of autotrader.

It really isn’t a good deal, unless you just want to get rid of the car double quick. And it is incredibly easy, no comeback, no test drives, no time wasters.

I don’t imagine the deal will be much better than px, I think they sell there cars on at auctions. So it’s not like they even put a forecourt service mark up on there sales.

piemonster

They wouldn’t buy mine!

Pictures or it didn’t happen ❓

hora
    Free Member

Their latest radio ads say

‘Enter your car details. If the condition is what you said it was youll get the best price guaranteed’.

Im oot.

£4900? What car/mileage etc is it?

Basil

You enter your details, you get a quote,
    You turn up at the appointmentand their man finds many marks on your car you did not mention for the quote and they offer far less than the quote.
    That is their business model.

angryratio
    Free Member

DT78
    4000 from a dealer could be the “average cond” value from cap/glass at the dealership in question.
    4900 from Wbac will surely be chipped down a tad.
    Go back to the garage if they have what you want make them work for you.

What are you trying to buy?

DT78
    Free Member

They do take the car out for a test drive (or so it says on the website)

Looking to swap from a 08 focus zetec 1.8tdci 58k miles to a 10 focus zetec 1.8 petrol with 39k miles (on forecourt for 8k, slighly higher spec with privacy glass, bigger alloys which we dont like as much and satnav)

Like I said we’ve never sold or px’d a car other than a banger, we bought the focus 2.5 years ago for £8k. I was expecting depreciation but not 50% 🙁

Personally I want to chop in the ford completely and get something silly and a bit of fun like a 500 abarth, but its the wifes car and she likes the focus…

hora
    Free Member

Wtf? Seriously. Why the change v loss of money.
    I’d give you 4.9k for it!!!

Northwind

I got offered more from the local scrappy than their initial price. And that’s even before the aggressive battering-down they’re famous for (my brother’s van had a big ****-off dent in a bumper, he told them in the form about it… When the boy turned up to examine it he said “there’s a scratch in this bumper that you’ve not declared, £50 less” even though it was already worthless. Then gave them grief for telling him to bugger off.

In the end I ebayed mine, and got about twice as much as the scrap value.

DT78
    Free Member

I don’t like driving the diesel. Prefer petrol for town. No difference on the motorway.

Should never have bought it as we don’t do the mileage to balance the servicing costs.

Oh and a traction light has come on amber. Which could be as simple as a sensor or it could be £1300 for a new pump and module (worst case)

We may just put it in the garage, but I’ve not had great experiences with things being ‘repaired’ seems to always lead to other things needing replacing as the garage experiments with things at your expense.

piemonster

I’d px with the garage and haggle some stuff over webuyanycarforlessthanquoted if you don’t want the hassle of a private sale.

piemonster

They drive it up and down a road, literally just checking it starts, turns corners and stops.

jordie
    Free Member

I thought they were good if you are honest when putting in your details marking off dents and scratches which the car has then they cant mark the car down when they see it. Going in saying you have a pristine concours condition car and its not the start knocking off cash. Roadtest was around the building.

totalshell

as i understand it selling your car to them isnt compulsory.. and yet the lad who own WBAC lives a mile or so from us in a whacking big mansion..

br
    Free Member

Oh and a traction light has come on amber. Which could be as simple as a sensor or it could be £1300 for a new pump and module (worst case)

Did you tell them this when they gave you the £4900 quote?

And tbh the swap you are doing seems a bit daft.

shotsaway
    Free Member

^ What Jordie said – I sold them a car in 2011 and I described every dent, stone chip, kerbed alloy etc. I got £5600, which is what i was quoted online, where as a dealer were offering £5500 in part exchange.

The problem is that lots of people describe their car as if it is brand new and are then disappointed when they get £100’s or £1000’s knocked off

In truth if you haggle you are always likely to get more in px at a dealer, especially if it is something they could then re-sell.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Cars the same age/spec of ours are on forecourts for anywhere between 6 and 8k, a touch (but not much) less privately.

PX we were offered 4k with no haggling. WBAC offered 2.5k and then proceeded to plague me with emails when my excellent offer from them expired, telling me how difficult it was to sell privately etc etc.

I wasn’t really looking to sell anyway (and definitely aren’t now) but in my experience, selling a car privately isn’t much hassle at all as long as you’re totally honest in your advert and price it accordingly.

They also offered me £700 for my old Polo GTI which I sold privately for nearly £3k.

In my opinion, they’re only there for desperate people and for the sake of saving myself thousands of pounds potentially, I’d always px or sell private.

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

I did the whole ” getting a quote online thang and then went to the local dealer [ bolton ] they seemed to be operating out of a small office and a mechanic came out and offered me a lower proce, he openly admitted that the online price is just to get you into a dialogue with them, I politely declined and went on to sell me car privately .Each month they send me a slightly lower offer in the hope that I am desperate by now. I’m not .

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Webuyanycar…’ is closed to new replies.