Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Websites where people can pay me money
  • rolfharris
    Free Member

When I say "me" I really mean "my cycling club's treasurer, Graham".

We want to introduce a prepayment system for our club's trips because lots of people didn't pay last year and now we owe quite a bit of money because we also dented a car and owe every penny we have.

Not everyone in the club will have or want paypal, so we need something where people can pay using their cards over the internet.

Is there such a thing? Ideally one that won't cost much, if any, money.

iDave
    Free Member

pay using cards over the internet?? just make them use paypal…….. if they'd don't have it or don't want it they can't go on a trip….

rolfharris
    Free Member

That, and I don't like paypal…

iDave
    Free Member

you don't have to like it and you don't have to marry it. if it does what you need to be done why not just use it?

atlaz
    Free Member

Bank transfers to club acct? We did that in a club I was a member of. Worked fine.

rolfharris
    Free Member

Atlaz- these are students! If it's not on the internet, it won't get done!

If it works out to be too complicated, we're just going to demand cash in the pub 2 days before we go.

dooosuk
    Free Member

You don't have to have a Paypal account to make a payment via Paypal if i remember correctly. You just use your debit/credit card like you would shopping on the internet.

dmiller
    Free Member

If it works out to be too complicated, we're just going to demand cash in the pub 2 days before we go.

Simple and low-tech – that cant go wrong 😉

druidh
    Free Member

Luke – It's not not cheap, or easy, setting up the secure infrastructure needed to process financial transactions on the internet (trust me – I know this), so you're not going to get anyone willing to do it for free.

You could have a look at http://www.click2pay.com. They charge 3% I think.

firestarter
    Free Member

as long as you have a website already you can add the paypal paying button to it for free and that will enable them to pay with credit / debit card without having a paypal account.

clubber
    Free Member

You don't have to have a Paypal account to make a payment via Paypal if i remember correctly. You just use your debit/credit card like you would shopping on the internet.

Correct.

You might not like paypal but it's quick and easy and their fees are going to be comparable to anything else for small amounts which allows you to take credit/debit cards.

bent_udder
    Free Member

Are there people wanting to go this year that still haven't paid for last year? They should pay up front for both years.

Set a deadline for payment via paypal, or cash / checque to the treasurer. If they've not paid, they don't get on the bus. I seem to remember that's how we did it for road trips at my uni cycling club. Although in them days it was cash or cheque, as we were still using Mosaic and Gopher to access t'internet. It were all fields in them days.

clubber
    Free Member

If your club's got a shop sponsor, you may be able to ask the shop to take the payments.

rolfharris
    Free Member

Clubber- I'd pondered that. It'd probably do the shop quite nicely.

Didn't realise you could just do paypal with a card. Brilliant, and I'll try your site druidh.

trail_rat
    Free Member

will cost the shop though luke – 1.6% iirc if its through ACT you have your machine

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

And the shop might have VAT issues with taking the payment?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Websites where people can pay me money’ is closed to new replies.