Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • website/blog question
  • gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

looking for a little advice on blogs in websites.

on the site i have for our holiday house i use blogger and display it on the site with a frame…

http://www.littlebeachhouse.co.uk/beach_house_blog_sennen.html

but because its in a frame i’m not getting any keyword value from it for the search engines. is there any way to have a blog that is actually on my site so i can use it as a tool for higher ratings?

geoffj

A couple of options:
    1. If your ISP has PHP and MySQL, you could install wordpress and use that n your site
    2. Create a static blog page on your website which you edit like any other, but call it a blog.

2 would probably be easier, but does depend on you knowing a bit of HTML.

miketually
    Free Member

Yes.

😉

miketually
    Free Member

Blogger > Settings > Publishing > Custom Domain (help available from a link on that page)

Looks like you’ll have to set up a blog.littlebeachhouse.co.uk subdomain to get it to work?

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

thanks, i think!

i’m trying the blogger subdomain route and have managed to set up the subdomain as mikeactually suggested. just struggling now to sort the cname entry as per blogger instructions with my isp.

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

hmmm, will have to come back to that. really could’nt seem to make it work.

nickjb
    Free Member

2. Create a static blog page on your website which you edit like any other, but call it a blog.

That^. Its pretty easy once its set up. Just a bit of of cut’n’paste for each entry, lots more control.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘website/blog question’ is closed to new replies.