Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 615 total)
  • Website redesign – Update
  • TiRed

Three bar menu is nonfunctional and there are no forum buttons on the top of the screen on my BlackBerry OS10. There is no menu for posting quotes of hyperlinks or emojis either. Not that it matters because I can’t read the headers on the forum page anyway. I probably needed an excuse to post less. I think you’ve given it to me. Ipad mini 4 and chrome on the PC looked ok.

firestarter
    Free Member

On Android chrome I can only see half the page and can’t move it across to see who posted a thread. Is there a way to change it I’ve messed with my settings but no joy.

scotroutes

That’s it. There’s no TOPIC AUTHOR or FRESHNESS column in Mobile view.
    If you want those, go into your Chrome menu and “Request desktop site”

alexxx
    Free Member

Sorry the below sounds critical but I am just trying to help… Happy Christmas to all

Get a more modern developer if thats your style of testing bugs that can be easily caught. I also think the design still looks painfully dated . You’ve got far bigger battles to win than worrying about pinch zoom affecting your SEO.. its utterly crap on the first load:

https://gtmetrix.com/reports/singletrackworld.com/dG39i6Rq

Also at least wrap your js functions in an event that watches for screen size changes and resets or removes content accordingly ie… sticky sidebar on this page.

I think you guys are missing a trick I really do.

firestarter
    Free Member

Cheers onion. Is there a way of having desktop view on one site only do you know mate thanks again

Markie
    Free Member

On my iPhone I’m getting redirected to ad and app sites….

scotroutes

Is there a way of having desktop view on one site only do you know mate thanks again

It is only on the site you’ve requested it. If you’ve multiple windows open then it’ll still be mobile view in the other windows.

firestarter
    Free Member

Thanks fella.

orangeboy
    Free Member

Requesting the desk top site does nothing on my iPhone , is that a settings issue with my phone ?

Pinch zoom works on the login page but not the rest of the site. I find no zoom very anoying almost as irritating as having adds in the middle of the page as you read through a thread

mikewsmith
    Free Member

So I’m guessing the bright white background is staying???

Leigh
    Free Member

I can only see half the page here on android. Requesting desktop view does nothing, is there a way of skiping between forums without going back to the main forum overview everyone?

bearnecessities

Requesting the desk top site does nothing on my iPhone

Same here. I might just stick the laptop in my pocket.

DickBarton

Requesting the desk top site does nothing on my iPhone

Same here. I might just stick the laptop in my pocket.

Assuming you have the latest (biggest) Iphone 6 or 7, then you will have a laptop in your pocket!

nickjb
    Free Member

is there a way of skiping between forums without going back to the main forum overview everyone?

For me (chrome on android) if I rotate to landscape I get the navigation buttons at the top. Basically navigation works in landscape, reading and replying works in portrait.

firestarter
    Free Member

On Android chrome I keep getting that dodgy Google you have won a prize page coming up

geoffj

There’s no TOPIC AUTHOR or FRESHNESS column in Mobile view.

Lack of topic author in mobile view is a biggish deal for me. Most use of this site for me is now mobile and there are some members I’d really not rather see the posts of.
    Not sure how significant it is, but initial gut feeling is that it could be quite – how about some A/B testing?

scotroutes

It has other repercussions too.

Classifieds pages; I’d rather see AUTHOR as I avoid the regular traders.

Shortened thread title and no AUTHOR means too much opportunity for threads with the same title.

The suggestion on the (now closed) thread for two-line thread titles would fix these.

jamesmio
    Free Member

Weird left scrolling on iPad/chrome, I can pull the page a cm ish off the left of the screen. Happens a lot when scrolling down.

Sorry to say this guys, I really am, but your web guys have made a right arse of this update!

hammyuk
    Free Member

Pistonheads is more antiquated than this place yet on mobile they have an arrow that takes you to the last “new post” since your last visit regardless of the number of pages.
    If they can manage it….

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

My biggest complaint is that the smell of petroleum prevails throughout.

Happy Xmas STW codemonkys 🙂

Three_Fish
    Free Member

I now need an additional step – a drop down menu – to sign in.
    If the title is long or there are too many pages of replies, I have to go into the thread to link to the latest page.
    It helps to know when the last reply was – saves having to check. It also helps to know the author – saves, well, you know…
    Without my content blocker (iPhone and iPad, which is where I mostly view STW) there are too many column dissections and forum content is drowned in ads. This makes me not want to look around, rather than go ‘P’.
    I’m not sure the designers have quite grasped the ‘less is more’ concept. You can’t just take everything away; you have to get rid of the irrelevant, minimise the less relevant, and clarify the most relevant.

mechanicaldope

Lack of topic author in mobile view is a biggish deal for me.

+10

Jamie
    Free Member

Sorry the below sounds critical but I am just trying to help… Happy Christmas to all

You missed launching a website a few days before Christmas, then heading off on your holibobs.

mechanicaldope

they have an arrow that takes you to the last “new post” since your last visit

I would have this as the default behaviour upon clicking into a thread.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Nope – there’s a “latest reply” now but that’s the last post not the last one since you last visited if you get what I mean.
    So you either go right through the bloody thing or have to scroll backwards to where you were last time instead of going straight there.

ulysse
    Free Member

firestarter – Member
    On Android chrome I keep getting that dodgy Google you have won a prize page coming up

Just happened to me too, it was like being back in 1999 with all the pop ups and unders, all impossible to close down

scotroutes

Nope – there’s a “latest reply” now but that’s the last post not the last one since you last visited if you get what I mean.

It was always thus – nothing to do with the re-skin. A link to last post visited is a long-standing request.

abductee
    Free Member

Android tablet Firefox. No pinch and zoom my finger hits 4 topics at a time resulting in nothing.

NWAlpsJeyerakaBoz
    Free Member

Complete mess here on android. Almost unusable. If it ain’t broke and all that… 😉

scotroutes

A bit more detail might help get it resolved

Jamie
    Free Member

A bit more detail might help get it resolved

Devs gone home for Christmas. Ain’t nothing getting resolved, Onion.

scotroutes

OK.

A bit more detail might help get it resolved – eventually 🙂

mikejd

Complete mess here on android. Almost unusable. If it ain’t broke and all that..

Same here on Kindle Fire. Adverts keep flashing on and off, individual posts disappear leaving a blank then reappear, page header goes off and on, CRC adverts appear every few posts and flash repeatedly. Almost impossible to read and totally annoying.

scotroutes

Why haven’t you switched ads off?

DickBarton

Looks great on my mobile. I logged in to my desktop and posted earlier and my next visitor my mobile was showing a desktop version with very small text (like older version of forum/site). Next visit on mobile and it was back to the excellent mobile version.

I do like the new mobile version of the forum, far easier to read and use, but then I doubt I’m a regular enough user (daily, not by the minute), so I don’t avoid authors or require a link to my last read location…

wallop

Me likey.

Can we have a ‘skip to bottom’ button as well please 😆

sweaman2
    Free Member

Seems to be working fine on default “internet” (not chrome but the basic browser) on an old Samsung tablet running Android 4.2.2

Especially now have enabled zoom as per instructions earlier in thread.

stevemuzzy
    Free Member

Keep getting dodgy virus pop ups. Not great!

anagallis_arvensis

I just got a dodgy pop up thingy too

bigblackshed

After issues with Safari on iPad, I then switched to Opera. Worked fine. Still works fine after the forum update.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 615 total)

The topic ‘Website redesign – Update’ is closed to new replies.