Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Website or app to work out what areas are an hour away from multiple points??!
  • RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

Hi

So, thinking about a potential future move I’d like to work out what area is as close to equidistant from around six points (work, my parents, wife parents, siblings).

Is there anything that can plot this and work it out using travelling time rather than distance (accounting for the speed of roads etc)??

Ta

mj27
    Free Member

A quick mess around on Google Maps would get you a pretty good answer in about 15 minutes.

Post the postcodes and let us do the work for you, see if we agree not that we usually do?!

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

I’m rubbish at this stuff!

Ok – I want to live equidistant (ish) from:

The Hope Valley (peaks)
    Adel in Leeds
    Lea near Gainsborough
    Harrogate
    Derby

Thanks 😀

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

*equidistant / er equi-travel-time !

ElShalimo

Barnsley. Good luck!!

matt_outandabout

Penistone FTW. 😕

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

Noooo!!!!!

lunge

It’s going to be somewhere in the Wombwell, Doncaster, Barnsley area. Maybe as far north as Wakefield or south as Rotherham.

I would prioritise and pick somewhere close to the 2 most important otherwise nowhere is close.

twicewithchips
    Free Member

You could use this to draw circles from each point – sort of automates what mj27 suggested.

But you’ll find the answer really is Penistone.

jam-bo
    matt_outandabout

Actually, I think I am five miles too far north and a couple of miles too far west – Worsborough would be more accurate.

We will pray for you. 😉

lemonysam
    Free Member

It’s worth remembering that there will be two equidistant points, if the first one is penistone, the other might be infinitely preferable.

matt_outandabout

😆

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Website or app to work out what areas are an hour away from multiple points??!’ is closed to new replies.