• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Website Forum Recommendations?
  • Freester

I’ve taken on looking after my Cycling Club’s website.

It’s WordPress based and the current forum is externally hosted with Snitz. It seems really clunky and password reset is manual!!!

I’ve been playing around with an integrated WordPress (BBPress) forum but after 2 days of fiddling I can’t seem to get it how I want it. I got it integrated with the WP theme eventually but I just keep hitting little annoying snagging points that just won’t make it viable for club member consumption unless I fix them. I’ve spent too much time up to my arms in code already. Trying to sort out simple things like login / logout, post previews etc etc. I still haven’t got profile edit working (click on edit and it loses all the styling) argghh.

I know this is a bbPress forum so what plugins are being used? Maybe I’m not using the right ones…

Alternatively – what other forums shall I have a look at. I’ve had a dabble with phpBB, myBB and SMF so far and at the moment SMF is the front runner. Just seems nice and clean and simple at the moment. Any others I should be looking at?

TIA

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘Website Forum Recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.