Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Website Designers
  • LoCo
    Free Member

Hi

can anyone recommend a good web designer in the Cardiff area?

LoCo
    Free Member

Tidy will be in touch………….

GaryLake
    Free Member
    iDave
    Free Member

I use guys in Karachi, who are superb and about 1/3rd of the price of anyone in Cardiff. They have corporate clients all over the world and many web design agencies contract out work to them and then charge clients UK rates…..

Captain_Crash
    Free Member

I use guys in Karachi, who are superb and about 1/3rd of the price of anyone in Cardiff

I bet you're really proud of that.

What a wonderful sense of community you have.

I can only hope that Someone in Karachi ends up under-cutting you. See you in the JSA office.

👿

GaryLake
    Free Member

many web design agencies contract out work to them and then charge clients UK rates…

Pure non-outsourced, UK-based, blood, sweat and tears here…

iDave
    Free Member

I have a sense of Global community. The world is a bigger place than the UK. Anyone who thinks he's only competing with the guy down the road is an ****. I am actually proud of the fact that I can get a better deal for my clients, work with interesting people with a different perspective and as a matter of interest, where was your bike manufactured? Or does manufacturing fall outside your insular, jingoistic perspective?

EDIT And IMO Gary's blood sweat and tears are no more or less noble than anyone elses

binners

many web design agencies contract out work to them and then charge clients UK rates…

Only if they're shite! Outsourcing seems to end up coming down to the same theory in my experience. Pay peanuts, get…

And seeing as we're all plugging our buinesses. Ahem….

http://www.rowlinsoncooper.co.uk

And we've already established that we're approximately 0.000000001% cheaper than mastiles_fanylion 🙂

JimB
    Free Member

I'm in Cardiff — email address in profile.

GaryLake
    Free Member

Ironically I ride a Five LOL

And yes, my experience of outsourcing, both in the Software and Web industry, is 100% get what you pay for.

We're currently fixing a client's outsourced "mess" right now. (Edit, that is they paid for outsourced and it turned into a non-delivering money pit so they're starting over)

binners

We've ended up trying to sort out the shambles from various outsourced cowboys in Mumbai. When some clever-arse in a marketing dept thought he'd cut some corners and save a bit of cash. After all: its all the same innit? What could possibly go wrong?

Inevitably you end scrapping the lot, and starting again from scratch

vanilla83
    Free Member

Also in Bristol. Portfolio on request if none of the Cardiff guys (and gals) suit you.

Work with international clients, big corp down to cottage industry types selling jam out of their backdoor (literally).

Happy riding!

Surfr
    Free Member

We've used Peter Gill a few times with good results. They're in Canton

http://www.petergill.com/

GaryLake
    Free Member

LoCo, YGM…

5thElefant
    Free Member

I bet you're really proud of that.

What a wonderful sense of community you have.

I can only hope that Someone in Karachi ends up under-cutting you. See you in the JSA office.
    What a weird point of view. The fellas in Pakistan need to eat the same as fellas in Cardiff.

algarvebairn
    Free Member

Binners,

Your strapline doesn't inspire confidence:

"Whatever the breif, we'll attack it with relish – from coorporate branding to e-commerce – we deliver a service entirely relavant to your companies needs"

4 spelling mistakes in one sentence.

Website looks good as well but attention to detail is important.

nbt

Binner, well done on reacting with speed but there are still spelling mistake in that strapline. Let's see if you can spot and fix it before I get home 😉

or did you – is it just that different pages have different spelling errors?

tomzo
    Free Member

Whatever the brief, we'll attack it with relish – from corporate branding to e-commerce – we deliver a service entirely relevant to your companies needs

There ya go!

the-muffin-man

Binner, well done on reacting with speed

Weren't those errors pointed out to him weeks ago by mastiles_fanylion! 😉

tomzo
    Free Member

To be fair, most good designers are terrible at spelling.

jackthedog
    Free Member

To be fair, most good designers are terrible at spelling

So that's why I'm a rubbish designer…

algarvebairn
    Free Member

You've actually changed one mistake to another mistake.

Tommy: you've missed one as well.

EDIT: Find them yourself!

redthunder
    Free Member

Bristol based as well, well South Glos anyway.

I'll send you my portfolio if required 🙂

MrNutt
    Free Member

Swindon, wildly talented, cheap, unreliable and easily distracted.

redthunder
    Free Member

@Mr Nutt

Lol

tomzo
    Free Member

Whatever the brief, we'll attack it with relish – from corporate branding to e-commerce – we deliver a service entirely relevant to your company's needs

Please say that's right now?!

MrNutt
    Free Member

pfft relish, I'll bring a large pot of Dijon mustard, some mashed potato and some green beans! (don't push me, I've got veal stock and a lot of onions!)

LoCo
    Free Member

Thanks all, shall be in touch in due course, have been stuck in the snow for a while…..

jonjon

cant get the image of briefs being attacked with (tomato) relish out of my head.

Please ditch that awful strapline.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Yes I believe I pulled him up on that a while ago – I am a bit of a spelling/grammar pedant 🙂

allthepies
    Free Member

lol @ binners homepage. I couldn't see the typos 'cos I couldn't read the grey text on black background. And I think there's a logo top left but again I can't read it.

whitekite
    Free Member

We are good and on the border of (North) Wales. We have already designed a couple of websites in response to singletrackworld user posts [url=http://www.theoutsideagency.co.uk/hosted/overtheedge/]here[/url] and [url=http://www.wrigleydevelopment.co.uk/]here[/url].

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

That nav looks a bit, err, familiar David!

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Website Designers’ is closed to new replies.