Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • website design
  • AlexSimon

What do you expect for £800 🙂

johndoh
    Free Member

I know what I expect. I also know our clients (well, new business enquiries really) often expect much, MUCH more.

And usually by close of play tomorrow, and they think they are doing you a favour by throwing you a project ‘bone’.

allthegear
    Free Member

How much to spend on a website is easy.

1) Work out the value of extra business you can create by building and supporting a website;
    2) Spend less than 1).

Oh and £800 for that site is very good value. I like it.

Rachel

CaptJon
    Free Member

Thanks for responses. WordPress was my first thought as i’ve used it before for small projects. We’d need it branding, however, because if we get the funding it would be highly prestigious (Leverhulme), worth a lot of money (£1m) and we’re seeking to engage audiences internationally.

Duane…
    Free Member

Sorry to thread-steal.

Looking to make a simple website as part of my dissertation submission, will need 5-6 pages, chunk of text on each, some images/diagrams, couple videos (probably from youtube), gifs etc. Maybe some other interactive elements.

Want to just use an online template editor, would something like Wix be better than WordPress (which I understand is aimed at blogs)?

Ta, Duane.

stuarty
    Free Member

Duane ferk off start your own thread …lol

Argyle ..like your style..your the only one thats mentioned training and correctly assumes the op will be updating himself assuming the correct number of brain cells to mess with the black art of web design…

stuarty
    Free Member

Winks

argyle
    Free Member

i have oodles of style 🙂

like i said though, prices vary depending on what the brief is. basic handover and training always included though.

Tiger6791

the black art of web design

It’s not a black art, it’s very straight forward! FFS!

argyle
    Free Member

that response reminded me of this

http://www.27bslash6.com/brochure.html

lemonysam
    Free Member

As a web designer (I’m think I’m technically a UX engineer* at the moment) I should probably stand up for the profession but to be honest, making websites really isn’t difficult – if the OP is reasonably IT literate they could probably learn to piece together something simple in a few evenings. If that’s enough and the site isn’t performing an important business role then job done – bear in mind though that you’ll probably need to invest a significant amount of time in learning to maintain the site as well as building and testing it. As with so many things, it’s very easy to get started but the more you know, the more there is to learn.

If however the site is for a business and has even the remotest impact on the bottom line then you’d probably be daft not to at least talk to some local professionals and get a handle on what they can do for you. A wordpress site can be very inexpensive and unless the person who makes it for you is a complete charlatan, they will almost certainly do a better job of it than a non professional. They should also leave you with something that can be extended to add more functionality without too much expense in future.

My suggestion would be to get a wordpress theme based on a responsive framework like Foundation and then see what you come up with. If you’re happy then quids in, if not then before you invest heavily in it go get some professional advice.

*Not really an engineer

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘website design’ is closed to new replies.