• This topic has 7 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by nbt.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Website building packages?
  • squin
    Free Member

Hi,

I want to build myself a webite but am a real novice when it comes to the technical side of things – I've 'constructed' websites before in terms of content, look and interactivity, but have always had the use of someone technical to actually put it together and sort out the actual construction.

I know that the answer is to pay someone to do it for me, but I want to do it on the cheap as it is for a possible new business venture and I want to keep overheads low and this is an initial experiment.

Can anyone recommend an online package that is easy to understand and use to get me started?

Thanks for your help.

Stu

nbt

Notepad & google.

squin
    Free Member

Thanks nbt, I'll have a gander.

Stu.

vrapan
    Free Member

If you have access to a Mac try Rapidweaver. Brilliant software to quickly and easily put a site together.

singletrackhor
    Free Member

have a look at joomla or wordpress, more of a content management solution though but saves hand coding

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

not an online option but i can thoroughly recommend serif webplus, it is super easy to use.

i bought x2 early last year and knocked this up for the wife in a few days…

loveteatime.co.uk

i've just bought the latest version, x4, which even comes with a years free hosting. for best prices though call serif direct.

btw, i'll probably sell my copy of x2 quite soon (with both 'hard copy' manuals) pretty cheap.

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

damn talktalk, dropped b'band and did a double post! can't delete.

nbt

SOrry, that was a facetious repy. I meant use notepad, the windows notepad, for writing code, and google to find out how to do it 😉

It all depends what you want the website to do – blogs, quizzes, votes, forums, e-commerce, video hosting…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Website building packages?’ is closed to new replies.