Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Webhositng? Who is good.
  • 5plusn8
    Free Member

I have this policy that the provider who hold my domain names (Heart Internet -very good) cannot be the website host, so that if there are any arguments over hosting etc they can’t hold my domain names to ransom. This has been a successful idea as int he long distant past I had them all in the same place and got rolled over by the registrar/host combo.
    So My current host is being annoying – email server dropping out and they got taken over 18 months ago by TSOhost who keep trying to force me back onto a monthly billing cycle (more expensive) rather than an annual one.
    So who is good? Nothing fancy – I want a few domain names hosted but have very low bandwidth.

allthegear
    Free Member

Digitalocean

Or, if you are actually developing the site, platform.sh (I’m a big fan)

Rachel

alfabus
    Free Member

If it is static hosting you’re after, just stick in in an amazon s3 bucket

Dave

5plusn8
    Free Member

If it is static hosting you’re after, just stick in in an amazon s3 bucket

Que?

Drac

TSOHost

Ah just read your post.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

I’ve used JustHost for the last six or seven years and found them to be excellent on the couple of times I needed customer support. Otherwise their service is invisible, as it should be.

DickBarton

Aegishosting does the trick for me…

Drac

I was with Justhost until a virus infection wiped my hosting out, they offered to fix and return my files for about £300 as they said it was my fault. So I told them I was leaving, funny thing happened they said they’d fix everything and return what they could as they should have protected server. So I left as clearly they were trying it on.

alfabus
    Free Member
    leffeboy

Or, if you are actually developing the site, platform.sh (I’m a big fan)

ooo, looks good. tx

integerspin
    Free Member

I use Forthhosting.
    Prices are very good and if I have any questions Alex answers very quickly.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Webhositng? Who is good.’ is closed to new replies.