Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Weber BBQ sales ?
  • trail_rat
    Free Member

not looking for a gas BBQ vs Charcoal BBQ arguement – ive got a charcoal 1/2 barrel monster BBQ and it will stay – its fine for big BBQ parties but i want a ZERO hassle gas BBQ for impromptu just the two of us BBQs and cooking steaks /ribs/Roasts on etc etc.

ive narrowed it down to the weber Q2200 or the Q3200

2 questions –

any reason not to plump the extra for the Q3200 over the 2200 – easier to cook less on a big gas bbq than to cook more on a small one….and i dont have the same hassle as on the charcoal where its quite hard to have a small BBQ in my half barrel style one – you still need to fill at least half the bed with coals to get a good even heat.

where is the best place to pick one up – i went to the local garden centre and they want £329 for the 2200 which was laughed out the ballpark – down to dobbies BBQ sale – they wanted £340. I see various places online doing 2200’s for around £230 and £330 for the 3200 but no where i have heard of.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

For 2 the 220 is a decent size, the high top and thermostat is useful.

somouk
    Free Member

I have a 2200 and just found the cheapest place on line to order. Make sure you get the kit so as it take the bigger gas bottles, the little ones have less through put so it doesn’t get as hot which can be a pain when cooking steaks and stuff.

trail_rat
    Free Member

the 220 quid one comes with a stand and not a cart – when you get the one with the cart and add in the full size bottle regulator your up at 320 quid.

can get a 3200 with cart / cover /tools/fullsize regulator for 359.00

you also gain 11cm in height which makes beer can chickens easier – which when i say sunday roast i mean beer can chicken 😀

trail_rat
    Free Member

well bought a q2200 this morning- with warming rack , the stand – as it seems the bbq is removable from stand much easier than the perminant cart – cover , smoker box and the weber bbq smoking book for 350 from bbqworld.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Weber BBQ sales ?’ is closed to new replies.