• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Web-hosting refund advice.
  • jambourgie
    Free Member

Hello all, some consumer rights advice needed please…

I’ve got a website that’s been hosted by a certain big UK hosting company for a few years. It ‘auto-renews’ each year and takes the money via Paypal. Due to numerous reasons, I had decided that when it came to renewal date this year I’d cancel it and move it to another host, due to numerous reasons including; less expensive hosting generally, less expensive customer service calls, and the current inability to have more than one website on the package.

Anyway, I thought I’d get a pre-warning email or something, like you do when a domain is about to expire, so I just forgot about it. A couple of days ago I get the paypal receipt for the renewal 😡 So it’s gone and auto-renewed for another year.

Basically, I want to cancel it from tomorrow when I call them, and receive a refund for the current year, minus the few days obviously. Due to previous experience in dealing with them, I’m expecting them to be difficult. I’m not blaming them for not sending me a reminder, that’s just annoying, and I should’ve been more organised. I’m just wondering whether I’m in my rights to ask this?

Just trying to get my ducks in a row before I call them tomorrow. My original contract was a year from June 2012, so I guess it’s on a rolling contract of sorts.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘Web-hosting refund advice.’ is closed to new replies.