Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Web Help please
  • cb

I am not a web designer so please be gentle…

I have a website for my company and it is based on WordPress. I wish to have the option for reading the first page or two in Mandarin. I have a Chinese friend who will do the translation.

I just need a simple flag style option for entering a new page that displays the same text but in Chinese. Pictures and format will remain the same.

Are there technical challenges that will make this job harder than it sounds? Language input barriers etc? Do I have to use another domain? Do I need to use Chinese keywords anywhere for Google to pick it up?

Thanks

davidtaylforth
    Free Member
    cb

Thanks – very helpful. Actually needed advice so thought another title might get to the right people…how wrong was I.

cb

Anybody offer any guidance?

xiphon
    Free Member

The browser must support viewing Chinese characters – Firefox and Chrome do it IIRC.

IE only will, if complex language support is added to Windows (on the European/North America versions).

May well be wrong though…

stratobiker
    Free Member

Or, if the browser doesn’t support Chinese characters…….

Just do the translation as a picture. Do the translation, take a screen print, paste into photoshop, resize etc.

Not “best practice”, but it will work.

SB

geoffj

Do a translation of the text and save as an image. Create a post with the image of the translated text. Not the mOst elegant of solutions, but will work – except for the google crawler bit.

Edit : sb beat me to it 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Web Help please’ is closed to new replies.