Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Web design
  • tricky-dicky
    Free Member

I need to build a simple website for a small business. No e commerce. What are the best site building software options, prefer the cheapest or free and hosting options available please.
    Thanks
    Richard

tricky-dicky
    Free Member

I thought stw forum was full of it experts nobody?

GaryLake
    Free Member

To be fair, the experts tend to run a mile from these sorts of threads. Nothing in it for them and a normally only a whole world of pain awaits in trying to help.

leffeboy

There have been a few threads on this recently that are worth taking a look at. Type this into google

web design site:singletrackworld.com

packer
    Free Member

I have not used this but their promo video looks impressive:
    http://www.squarespace.com/

King-ocelot
    Free Member

I used MrSite it was quick and simple and the support has been fantastic from them. If its just for an Internet presence it is a good drop and drag package.

Karl33to
    Free Member

I’d recommend http://www.tsohost.com and WordPress

Cougar

WordPress.

(Is it four hours ago, again?)

specialdrifter
    Free Member

If your on mac just use iWeb?

rogerthecat
    Free Member

If your business is going to rely on the website as a tool to demonstrate you are serious and have credibility choose carefully, some of the cheap/free look just that. You need to have your own domain name, and preferably not have any pop up/banner ads all over the place. If it’s just for fun, knock yourself out on the freebies, if it is really important, plan and budget accordingly.

tricky-dicky
    Free Member

Thanks all, good advice, yes needs to look professional so a rethink on costs might be worthwhile.
    Regards
    Richard

grum
    Free Member

WordPress template can look pretty professional and be customised quite a bit. Be careful about where you get them from though.

nickjb
    Free Member

I use wordpress if I want to throw something together quickly but for my company site I’ve written it from scratch in HTML with a few bits of borrowed code. I think it gives a lot more control and better SEO options. It’s pretty basic but I wanted a simple look. Cost me £10 for the first year then £20 a year for hosting and email after that with one.com

JulianA
    Free Member

tricky dicky – Member

I need to build a simple website for a small business. No e commerce.

No e-commerce: well that makes things a lot simpler. What do you want to do / advertise / promote?

Do you have any idea what you want your site to look like? Do you want to be able to change the content regularly? Do you want any kind of site search facility? Have you already registered a domain name?

If it’s all pretty straightforward it could be done fairly easily…

[Edit] Email me if you like: vdub1992 at hotmail dot co dot uk[/Edit]

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Web design’ is closed to new replies.