Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Weatherproof longs for the winter months
  • breatheeasy
    Free Member

I've got some Endura Stealths last year and they are good but waaaay too heavyweight for all but subzero rides.

Is there a decent bibtight/tight out there that's reasonably windproof/showerproof – I had some old Windtex ones that have bitten the dust, maybe some Windstopper shoft shell types maybe?

Cannondale did a LE Chamoix Hydrogrid bibtight a while ago that seemed to fit the bill but seems to be a discontinued model.

Rahter tights than trousers as it'll share duties with the road bike trips too.

Ta.

simondbarnes

How about Endura Stealth Lites?

breatheeasy
    Free Member

I saw them – are they much 'lite-r' than the originals? Suppose a wander to the LBS this weekend might be useful.

doof_doof
    Free Member

PI Gavia's work well for me.

spacemonkey

I've used some Endura thermal bib thingies for a few winters. Never had a problem in any conditions; snow, rain, etc. About fifty notes in a sale IIR.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I got some from these,
    http://www.cycle-clothing.co.uk/Ranges/8/cycle-cycling-wear/tights.aspx

Found them a bit warm for conditions at the time (mid Sept)so I think they'd be good for now. the one's I got were like Ron Hills only no stirrups, long zips up the legs with rubber grippers on the bottom & made of a windstopper type of fabric, think i paid about £16 ish.

trail_rat
    Free Member

just in – 3 hours in pouring rain and flooded slop in the woods

endura stealth extreme tights – slightly too hot – just waiting on my stealth lites arriving. But as for waterproofness – the fact that even after i hosed my self off after the ride i was still bone dry inside says something

I have also approached endura about creating a 3/4 or a short version of the stealth – how would that go down with you folk ? all that annoys me is the wet chamois – i dont get particularly cold legs – i just want to keep my knees warm and my arse dry so stealth 3/4s ideal !

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Weatherproof longs for the winter months’ is closed to new replies.