Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Weatherproof Camera Bag
  • Nick

I’m looking to replace my miss-placed Dashpoint 20 camera bag, which I used to carry around a GF2 with 14mm lens.

In the past I’ve put the camera inside a ziplock bag inside the Dashpoint, but it’s a bit of a faff and not a great solution, kinda wondering whether anyone makes anything that is properly weatherproof?

butcher

Both my Lowepro bags (backpack and SLR camera bag) have pull-out waterproof covers. I would’ve thought they’d do one for compacts and whatnot as well.

stumpy01

Dunno if they go big enough for the GF2, but the LowePro Apex AW range is pretty robust and comes with a sown in pull out waterproof cover. Not 100% waterproof, but decently weatherproof for most circumstances.

I use one for my Nikon P300 on my bike rucsack.

If there isn’t one big enough, then have you looked at Crumpler? They normally have something to suit.

Nick

I have an Apex bag with the pull out cover, it barely covers three sides and the bag gets very damp very quickly.

It’s these sorts of conditions that causes the problems, we’re basically in the clouds and everything was sopping really quickly!

stumpy01

Erm….in those situations I’d either not take it or stick it in a proper dry bag…..not very convenient for picture taking though.
    If you find yourself in those kind of conditions regularly and still want to take pics, get a waterproof/tough camera but be prepared for a drop in performance over your GF2.

Nick

Yeah I know what you mean, but the 5 seconds it takes to pull the camera out, take a pic and put it away are not an issue, it’s the 20 minutes of splashing mud, wind and rain that is, clearly I wouldn’t take the camera out if it was pissing down.

I might have a go at making something from a dry bag and some foam 🙂

johndoh
    Free Member

I once walked/swam/scrambled down here

with my good camera. I used a

Nick

😀

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Weatherproof Camera Bag’ is closed to new replies.