Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • weather in Yorkshire- Stainburn tomorrow?
  • hora
    Free Member

I only have bbc weather on my blackberry- skyweather defaults to London. Any reliable forecasts??? I honestly don’t trust the BBC.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I’d say either rain, snow, sunshine, fog. I trust my own forecast less than the BBC’s!

anotherstan
    Free Member

windy, averaging around 20mph with gusts up to 45mph.
    rain starting at 9am and staying around all day.

source – xcweather.co.uk

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

It is very windy and has been raining lots today but meant to be a bit better tomorrow. And I can see Stainburn from my house. 🙂

robdob
    Free Member

Not been very nice here at all in Hudds. Tends to be a bit colder at stainburn, wind maybe not an issue for boulder trail but DH track is out in the open and could be a bit breezy!!
    What time you going? I might pop over too – been before?

EDIT- Met office says winds 15mph but lessening as day progresses. Showers and overcast all day. So it might be ok and you’re only 5mins walk to the car even at the furthest point anyway. 😀

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Just been out and it’s fracking horrible – very windy and damp. Doubt it’ll be any better tomorrow. The sort of day you don’t want to ride but will be fine when you’re out. Still 11deg outside mind you.

hora
    Free Member

I really want to go but I have abit of what our little one has (MF he’s now on augmentin/co-amoxiclav). Stupidly I went out in the icy wind last week so now I have an ear infection so really rain wouldn’t do my chest too good.

If the grounds wet then fine. Pissing it down = no

Rob I was in hudds today- eek. It was nippy/wet!

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Yeah our ‘lil Izz is on Cefaclor now and it appears to be sorting her out but then the last three lots appeared to have done at this stage too.

One day I’ll get back on my bike 😐

ComradeD
    Free Member

3 ft of snow. stay away

hora
    Free Member

ComradeD chill those boots. I’d have to drive past better riding spots to get to it. If I was more local ‘ok’ but not past Lee quarry, Calderdale or Peaks, south lakes t’other way but less time and better.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

A few off here will be there tomorrow from 9.15am (some of us, including me, will be leaving early at 12.30 due to other commitments), it’s a SingletrAction dig day. No trails will be closed, but we’ll be slowing people down on the Descent Line whilst doing repairs. If it’s really cold, wet and windy, we’ll be in the trees doing other repairs. Say hello and introduce yourself.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Still over sat and windy but remaining dry at 7.40 am

Mugboo

Yep, plus 1 what B.A.Nana sez.

I’d like to meet the infamous Hora so please stop and say hello. You could even move a barrow or two and add trailbuilding to your list of stuff you know about… 😉

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

That should have read overcast 🙂

robdob
    Free Member

I’m going this afternoon if it’s not horrific weather. Might be there about 2.30.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

We were going to go yetserday. Called it off. Then fancied this morning. And called it off. Typical since Thursday and Friday were decent and the forecast for tomorrow onwards is sun as until Thursday!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘weather in Yorkshire- Stainburn tomorrow?’ is closed to new replies.