Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Weather forcast for Bristol Bike (mud?) fest……..
  • lookmanohands
    Free Member

Looked at several weather forcasts for the weekend they seem to vary from dry to heavy rain, anybody got access to a more accurate forcast? (sea weed, corns etc…..)

Clink

Gutted – its would have been perfect..

uplink
    Free Member

You’d be better looking again on Thursday

njee20
    Free Member

Or Saturday morning!

MrAgreeable

As above, you need to check back nearer the time. It dries out so fast at this time of year, the course has already gone from glop on Thursday to dust on Saturday.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

If you are referring to the Met Office forecast they always go for the worse case scenario, as above wait until Thurs / Fri.

From the Met Office for Sat..

‘Rather cloudy on Thursday with a few light showers. Greater risk of showers on Friday and Saturday, with perhaps some more prolonged rain across Southern and Central England.’

Note the word ‘perhaps’.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Go look at the raw data. Learn to forecast your own weather….. I do.
    🙂

singletracksurfer

just tell us

BigDummy
    Free Member

It may be a blip, but my complex scientific instruments have detected a startlingly high build-up of “smug and unhelpful” around the words Learn to forecast your own weather….. I do… 😉

KINGTUT
    Free Member

It may be a blip, but my complex scientific instruments have detected a startlingly high build-up of “smug and unhelpful” around the words Learn to forecast your own weather….. I do…

Indeed.

MrAgreeable

My seaweed is tumescent. Can anyone tell me what that means?

BigDummy
    Free Member

It means it wants to be stroked.

MrAgreeable

Right, back in 5 minutes…

grahamh
    Free Member

So who is going to start the ‘What tyre for BBF’ thread?

MrAgreeable

Not me. The course has so many different surfaces, from hard pack to grassy field to rooty singletrack, that “run what you brung” is as good advice as any.

GaryLake
    Free Member

Competent allrounders is the onyl advice I can give considering the potential weather…

Personally I’ll be running a 2.1 Blue Groove front and a 2.1 highroller rear. That’ll cover all bases for me 🙂

Just don’t run anything dodgy on roots – even if it’s dry, the course was literally polished last year!

clubber
    Free Member

The skinniest, fastest rolling tyres that I can get away with (so long as it stays dry) for me… (note – I’m on a full susser set nice and soft but with lockout)

MrAgreeable

Between now and Saturday, I’m going to be weighing both my food intake and my stools in order to determine my optimal psi rating. 😉

clubber
    Free Member

Too right. There’s a rigid set of rules to determine the right setting.

pjt201
    Free Member

what have stools got to do with psi? I’ve only got one and never take it on my bike.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Hmm, Metcheck and all are now foreasting heavy rain.

**Stays optimistic**

lookmanohands
    Free Member

Woooohoooo metcheck say it’s gonna be dryish on sat :D. Every other weather website still says heavy rain 😥

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Weather forcast for Bristol Bike (mud?) fest……..’ is closed to new replies.