Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • Weather
  • footflaps

Weather was so bad I bunked off work and went skiing in Milton Keynes this afternoon…..

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Gets rid of all the fair weather pretenders 😆 Trails even at the weekend were empty but boy was it wet and cold. Made the mistake of wearing my summer shoes (had two paddling pools on my feet) and mitts, back to the van to change into proper winter gear, silly boy.

Last few years have definitely been the wettest I can remember.

simmy
    Free Member

Windy and the rain keeps stopping and starting.

Our High st is shut because a massive tree has been blown down across the road.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Sean Kelly once observed that it is impossible to tell how cold and wet it is by looking out the kitchen window. You have to get dressed, go training, and when you get back, you will know how cold it is. Truer words were never spoken.

Been bloody p1ssing down in London Village – I didn’t need to venture out to find out how so……but I did!
    #tookmybike4aswim

matt_outandabout

Weather? Yes, it was stunning today at Inveraray, -2, bright sunshine, dusting of snow on the Argyll hills and Loch Fyne with a sparkling crust of ice on.

grannyjone
    Free Member

Seeing as April was also very cold this year, its like we’ve only had a 6 month break from Winter.

rob2
    Free Member

Wetter than an otter’s pocket here on the Somerset-Devon border. My road has flooded. Fortunately my house is two metres above the road but it’s not looking pretty generally

scotroutes

It’s snowing

NZCol

I’m near scotroutes this week and it is indeed snowing

CountZero

Driving town to Torquay this morning to pick up a couple of cars, and the rain on the A30/M5 was just biblical, we were stopped just outside Honiton for nearly an hour by an accident, no sign of any vehicles apart from the Highways cars when we finally got past, but there must have been nearly a couple of centimetres of water across the carriageway, so I reckon someone hit it and spun. On the way back up I saw a Mercedes facing the wrong way on the hard shoulder with the front ripped off, a 4×4 pickup that had reversed at speed into a traffic island, using a sign for a brake, with at least one front alloy totally wrecked, and lots of other stoppages and blue lights all over the place.
    Glad to get home, picked up a Fiat 500 at 1.00pm, didn’t get home until 6, approx 130mile trip.
    I did stop to grab a coffee part way, though, to relax a bit! Like driving in thick fog, with the heavy rain, low cloud and heavy spray, with the addition of so much water across the carriageways making it ‘interesting’ driving…

Northwind

I decided to wait til next week to fit winter tyres to the car so obviously this happened

olddonald

tricky, slightly epic commute home tonight – basically I cycle through 9 miles of rivers which had replaced roads

scotroutes

Cool.

Furryboots?

iainc

Currently icy rain and just above zero south of Glasgow, however have early flight in morn to Southampton, where it appears I will need shorts and flip-flops 😀

Larry_Lamb
    Free Member

Slighty damp outside in Hudds.

ulysse
    Free Member

Of course it’s normal for November, what we have experienced for the last 18 or so years as autumn and winter are abnormal.
    Look at the footage of UK rallying when it was sponsored by Lombard, every November, regular as clockwork, the RAC would hit town and it would be a whiteout

ulysse
    Free Member

Unless the new temperate autumn winters we are now experiencing are the result of climate change, but as that ain’t real…..

midlifecrashes

Look at the footage of UK rallying when it was sponsored by Lombard, every November, regular as clockwork, the RAC would hit town and it would be a whiteout

True, but then they redefined RAC to mean Rally Around Cheltenham and they stopped coming up north.

johnners
    Free Member

Northwind – Member
    I decided to wait til next week to fit winter tyres to the car so obviously this happened

I felt a little hysterical fitting mine last week wearing shorts and a t shirt in 18c temps. It’s very wet here now but by no means cold yet at about 8c, but I’m off up to the Lakes tomorrow which should make the whole exercise a bit more worthwhile.

prawny

Just cold and wet today, rather than cold and very wet.

Overshoes, shoes and gloves were still soaked from yesterday. Need to get some spare shoes.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘Weather’ is closed to new replies.