Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Wearing PJ's outside the house
  • jon1973
    Free Member

Tesco says NO to PJ's

I think this story is really funny. It would never occur to me to leave the house without getting dressed – especially to go shopping.

I do like how they've dragged out some chav to say how difficult it is to be a single mum without the added complication of putting some outdoor clothes on before leaving the house.

Maybe it's more just more comfortable to settle down in front of Jeremy Kyle in you PJ's once you've dropped the kids off at school.

'It is just when I'm in a rush or busy with the kids. I haven't got time to get myself all dolled up.

By 'dolled up' she presumably means getting dressed.

BigDummy
    Free Member

Hmmm. Personally, I either sleep nekkid or in my pants, sometimes with the addition of the shirt I was wearing at bed-time if it's particularly chilly, because with the pressures of being a middle-aged yuppie and everything I don't have time to change clothes when I want to go to bed. But this does often mean that I can't go to the supermarket in what I wear to sleep in without being arrested. Swings and roundabouts I guess. 🙂

samuri
    Free Member

I presume getting dolled up means wearing something like this….

which certainly looks very offensive.

nickc

24 hour supermarkets..Go in at about 3am if you really want to be offended. All the folk who don't want to be seen in daylight/public for whatever reason come out to shop….

Ill fitting PJs are the least of their problems TBH…

BoardinBob

Instant death to anyone found wearing their PJs in a supermarket.

The method of execution should maximise the pain felt for the offender. Preferably a lot of blood too.

jon1973
    Free Member

I presume getting dolled up means wearing something like this….

Did you see the picture in the article samuri? my beer goggles would have to have lenses about 6 inces thick to imagine Ms Carmody from St.Mellons could look anything like that when she makes the effort.

wwaswas

they've got the lot here;

People of WalMart

DaRC_L

Ermmm BigDummie given that the Y in Yuppie comes from Young and you're now Middle-aged what does that make you?

crazy-legs

The method of execution should maximise the pain felt for the offender. Preferably a lot of blood too.

"Could the instore cleaner please report to aisle 4 to collect the body and mop up the blood, we had to execute another pyjama wearer."

oldgit
    Free Member

I discovered jim jams a few years back, now I wear them in my garage whilst having a late night fettle and nice cup of tea.

Ti29er
    Free Member

There is a wife in the same street.
    She mooches about in a dressing gown.
    This is somewhat apposite, as I am apt to remind her.
    As a Christian, she is committing Sloth, one of the Seven Deadly sins.
    Because she's also obese, I hint at more than one of the sins being committed.
    Mostly it simply goes over her head, as I am is why PJ's are worn out in public by a certain section of the Housing Association tenants.

Ti29er
    Free Member

‘I can't see what is wrong with pulling a coat over your pyjamas to drop the kids off at school then stopping in the shop for a loaf of bread and 10 Bensons and a Lottery Ticket, Oh and a bottle of Bundy and a 6 pack of Tenents Extra for lunch

‘I won't be bothering with Tesco anymore, I'm off to Aldi.’
    OK, I embellished that bit about lunch!

Nick

Comedy gold that interview, will be played for years and years, the full version of it was on last nights R4 PM as was even funnier, you'd be forgiven to think that half of Cardiff went shopping in their jarmies.

At least she isn't going out of her way to be a snobbish, judgmental w@anker unlike you lot.

binners

When i did the Manchester Skyride last summer the route took you through one of our fine cities more salubrious council estates (think Shameless). All the locals were sat outside in their gardens watching everyone ride past (wih the obligatory can of Stella in hand). They were all in their PJ's. It was 2 in the afternoon

jon1973
    Free Member

At least she isn't going out of her way to be a snobbish, judgmental w@anker unlike you lot.

Not wearing PJ's to go shopping makes me a snob?

wwaswas

samuri – this is what really happens;

aaargh..my eyes.

jon1973
    Free Member

wwaswas – it's difficult to see how she could dress in a way that wouldn't offend me.

molgrips
    Free Member

I find this story all the more amusing since it happened just down the road from where I live. I'd like to point out at this point that although geographically nearby, the area in question is a big crappy council estate and I live in a posh new one…

zokes
    Free Member

So why have they airbrushed out the word "children's" in this photo, but left the welsh translation of the same?

anonymouse
    Free Member

Snobbishness, in my book, is an unjustified belief that one is better than other people for reasons that do not stand up to reasonable scrutiny. Not wearing pyjamas to the shops is common decency.

anonymouse
    Free Member
    molgrips
    Free Member

Why on earth would you airbrush out the word 'childrens' anyway? It's not like any pervert who got off on simply reading the word couldn't find a million other examples. I mean you could write it out yourself on your bedroom walls a hundred times in letters three feet high for hours of solitary pleasure…

molgrips
    Free Member

Anonymouse – Asda is already like that, isn't it?

GrahamS

the full version of it was on last nights R4 PM as was even funnier

Yep, nearly crashed the car for laughing at that one.

She didn't see why she should get dressed when she was only popping in for a 10 pack of Rotherhams and beside she had some quite nice jimjams, ones with spots on.

All delivered in the style of an indignant Eggsy from Goldie Looking Chain.

Ti29er
    Free Member

Molgrips:
    "Innit" I think you meant to say! 😉

My local Asda is a hoot. Always good for some people-watching.

Ti29er
    Free Member
    Ti29er
    Free Member

Man alive, that's priceless!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/console/b00q2r2z
    Just brilliant!
    31:30 in.
    34:34 – had me in stitches.
    More so at 34:53. I howled with laughter!

Priceless.

zokes
    Free Member

"…they make people offensive like…"

I'm not sure I've ever been forced to be offensive as the result of sighting pyjamas, no matter how offensive the sight may be!

bigyinn
    Free Member

ABSOLUTELY PRICELESS!!! Thank you Ti29er.

Ti29er
    Free Member
    10pmix
    Free Member

I was in N. Wales last Xmas and popping down to the local shop on Xmas Day I saw 3 (three!) people in the queue in their pyjamas, dressing gowns and slippers. And not one person batted an eyelid at it. I thought it was great!

Ti29er
    Free Member

Errrhem.
    Aren't you falling into a similar category?

What posses anyone to want to shop on the 25th December?

You've had 364 days to prepare for that one, non-shopping day of the year, and it's not like it's been sprung upon you without prior notice!

kenneththecurtain
    Free Member

More to the point HOLY SHIT shes only 24!? She looks about 35! And not the milf kind of 35 either.

10pmix
    Free Member

😀 I'm an innocent man! My g/f's family ran out of something I can't recall so I volunteered to take the walk (and get some much needed peace and quiet!).

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

That evil looking woman would frighten people no matter what she had on

Can't even begin to imagine what she looks like with no PJ's and don't want to either

Ti29er
    Free Member

Tobacco, alcohol and a poor diet. And during her 2x pregnancies, that's what her offspring will have been subjected to also.
    Women's skin seems to age far quicker than men's when you they do tobacco.

Not being funny, but what do you / we really expect?

She has a very low standard of living, in an area with few, if any opportunities, she has a low economic value, has had a low quality of schooling and subsequent poor grades, if she even finished her formal education, poor mentors around her, probably in the form of her mother, a broken home I bet, she's brought up in the same environment as her mother was, I would put money on her having kids who were from different fathers, and was a mother herself in her teenage years.

I would imagine she has a low IQ, and low self esteem.
    This is, like it or not, the social class that makes up the bulk of her age group in social housing 7 we're told this week the rich are getting richer and the poor are getting poorer and those kids living below the poverty line are increasing in number.

She's doing her best, as she sees it, with what she has with the limited skills she's garnered over the 24 years.What possible hopes or aspirations can she possibly have beyond a lottery win & trying to bring her kids-up-right?

I'm just as guilty as the next man on here to sit in my Ivory Tower & poke fun at her, but you & I, we're extremely privileged, and I know some will argue about her pulling her own self out her predicament, but the social system in the UK doesn't really engender this, she's financially better off not working than taking a small part time job. Fact.

That said, the R4 interview is so perfect!

colnagokid

"10.30 or 11, you know EARLY in the morning" 😯

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘Wearing PJ's outside the house’ is closed to new replies.