Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Wearing glasses under a motorcycle helmet
  • aka_Gilo
    Free Member

At the grand old age of 44 I've just had my eyes tested to find that my long sight in one eye is fairly shot (though other is still quite good), so I've just got my first pair of bins for driving use.

No worries in the car obviously, but when I've tried them on under my AGV GP Tech bike lid although they slide on ok and don't feel too tight on the sides of my head, they won't sit on my ears as they should, but just above my ears which feels weird but not actually uncomfortable. When in a head down arse up riding position (gotta love sportsbikes and their great ergonomics) the top of the frame doesn't seem to impair my vision so I think they'll be ok, just a bit concerned about the sitting above ears thing, I guess caused by the shape of the helmet lining guiding them into place.

Anyone else have to wear glasses under a motorcycle lid and how do you get on with them?

gusamc
    Free Member

yep ….. road and dirt.

On road it's ok, glasses off/helmet on/glasses in, test helmet with glasses before buying. Check out anti misting products as that can be arse.

You can cut bits out of a helmet inner (I did with mx helmet as it was so tight my glasses hurt, so I nibbled the inside with Mr Stanley..)

Also what about bendy titanium frames?

Off road I just gave up with googles, and that worked fine.

mugsys_m8

It's one of the reasons I switched to contact lenses.
    Much less faff and much more comfortable, better all round vision.

I rode off with my glasses on the tank many times after filling up.
    Used to be a major pain in the bum in winter esp frosty mornings evenings in the fog etc.

fubar
    Free Member

I just asked the wife as she sells/fits glasses…

She has had success with bikers using straight (skull-fit) sides rather than the drop / hockey ends…

also curved frames / sports glasses…she mentioned Columbia glasses which one biker was very happy with

(or contact lenses)

Onzadog
    Free Member

as above, when I wore glasses (before the surgery) I used Oakley frames because of the straight arms.

Trimix
    Free Member

I do, but my the chap who does my glasses also rides a bike. Stright arms with rubbery bits on the ends. Slim fitting.

Try loads and take your helmet.

Ive ridden to Corsica and back then to the Italian lakes and back in last year – no issues with the glasses. Regularly commute to work and still no problems.

mickasaki
    Free Member

I have to wear glasses for riding and find them ok with my shoei. Only problem i have is i cant use pinlock inserts aswell, as i seam to end up with alot of odd periphery vision! Have to use a black (sorry officer) tinted visor as i dont have prescription sunnies!

clubber
    Free Member

Can't wait to see the new specs 🙂

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

As a couple of the other chaps have mentioned, I wear Oakley's (e-wires, with prescription lenses) under my helmet. Not too comfy under my suomi full face, but I use a roof open face most of the time (sad git harley rider), which is really comfy. Just a bas***d in the cold and rain, unfortunately, but that's what you get with being a specky four eyes. 😆

robgarrioch

I've heard Shoei are starting to provide a 'groove for specs' in certain helmets, for example..

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Wearing glasses under a motorcycle helmet’ is closed to new replies.