Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • We think its a good idea but not for us,say footballers
  • tonyd

Those rainbow laces look quite natty, where can I get some?

binners

Nice to see another glorious chapter in footballers sporting items of clothing boldly espousing noble causes!

yunki
    Free Member

what a bunch of ****

no backbone whatsoever

pathetic

the footballers aren’t any better either

konabunny
    Free Member

Yep seems the issue isn’t with Stonewall, laces or the campaign in general but Paddy Power’s involvement.

It’s certainly the pretext.

TBF, anything to do with commercial endorsements, sponsorship and uniforms is such big business and touchy that you’d have to approach it with a bit of insight if you wanted it to work.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Surely this sort of thing should be driven and led by FA in partnership with Stonewall directly?
    Paddy Power are a commercial entity, their sponsorship of the cause (which is a good thing) which is likely to cause conflicts with existing sponsors of clubs & players?

zippykona

I sprained my wrist turning the compost should I be worried?

duckman

FFS, do gambling companies have to stick their arses into everything these days?!?

I see what you did there DD….

Jamie
    Free Member

I sprained my wrist turning the compost should I be worried?

I would be more worried about the Legionnaires disease you now have.

project
    Free Member

How limp wristed and weak willed not to support possibly fellow players,supporters,and sponsors,by the simple use of coloured laces,and get the message accross people are still being discriminated in sport because of their sexuality.

I trust you’ll be sporting rainbow laces on all your work shoes from now to help get the message across too.

Absolutely no problem with that, just need somewhere to buy them. anyone else intresdted if i find a supply.

No, thoyught so, dress code etc as an excuse, but not for cycling shoes, or trainers.

Jamie
    Free Member

Absolutely no problem with that, just need somewhere to buy them. anyone else intresdted if i find a supply.

I hear Paddy Power have got loads.

IanMunro
    Free Member

No, thoyught so, dress code etc as an excuse, but not for cycling shoes, or trainers.

No excuse needed by me, I just wouldn’t wear them.
    Along with pink ribbons, white ribbons, black ribbons, yellow wristbands, poppies etc. It’s just tokenism imo.
    FYI there’s plenty of rainbow laces on ebay – just checked.

duckman

Project; do your cycling shoes take laces? (Points and laughs at the guy in the Nike poo-bahs)

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘We think its a good idea but not for us,say footballers’ is closed to new replies.