Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • We should talk about Stephen Lawrence…
  • yossarian
    Free Member

Rather than open with some pithy bollocks I reckon a simple link and a quote will suffice

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-26474009

A 2012 review by the Met was “another example” of the force “providing misleading reassurance to the family and to the public”. The Met claimed it found “nothing new” – but it actually “held material of some potential importance”

I accept that some people may believe that the ends may justify means sometimes but how does that apply in this case?

bearnecessities

Rather than open with some pithy bollocks

I think you just did?

We should talk about Stephen Lawrence…

yossarian
    Free Member

Whatevs, nothing relevant to say? How unlike you.

binners

Looking into my crystal ball, I predict a slew of senior Met officers ‘taking early retirement on the grounds of ill health’, and swanning off with their gold-plated pension. Just in case there’s even the remotest chance of any of them being held accountable in the latest whitewash enquiry

crankboy
    Free Member

I would really love to hear the rational in placing an undercover officer inside a murder victims families campain for justice. Especially when used to give inside tactical tips to the police defence in an inquiry into the polices conduct.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Its odd to see how slowly it drips out from the institutional racist , the treatment of his friend and his family, to secret surveillance of the family, to a corrupt copper and another enquiry.

They should hang their heads in shame at what they did and why they did it. It shames the country never mind the coppers/MET.
    Its seems pretty clear it was not incompetence that led to this and they have tried to hide this fact for some while.

As Binners notes the chances of something happening are close to nil

blurty

I heard one of the guys who worked on the McPherson report say that another enquiry would be a waste of time. The implication was that the crats would close ranks again and frustrate justice.

Every generation we seem to get a shock/ wake-up call that damages public trust in the Police (Think the Birmingham 6, and the West Midlands Serious Crime squad)

somafunk

Genuine question : Do we as tax payers have to foot the bill for this public enquiry into the Met and their undercover police work?, if so then why should we as taxpayers pay?. Surely the Met should pay for the enquiry from their yearly budget?, or better still from the pension pots of the Met senior officers and all other Met officers involved in the case who have been involved in the collusion or or covering up of evidence, then we can strip them of rank and turf them from the Met.

Perhaps that would put a stop to any further Police corruption, or perhaps i’m rather simplistic in my argument as usual.

bearnecessities

Whatevs, nothing relevant to say? How unlike you

“Whatevs”??

Anyhow, no, I don’t have anything relevant to say.

I just found the thread title ‘off’ and in contradiction of your OP, for reasons that if I need to explain, wouldn’t be understood anyhow.

flap_jack
    Free Member

This thread needs taking down. Doesn’t the OP know about who Kevin was ? Offensive in the extreme.

pictonroad

I really hate to say it because it’s not how I’ve been brought up or how I’d like to think, but… I don’t trust the police in this country anymore.

oldboy
    Free Member

Police not to be trusted, shocker! Who would have thought it?

codybrennan
    Free Member

It was obvious from the moment May mentioned the ‘one bad egg’ that there wasn’t going to be much substance. They found someone to throw under the bus, as they had so many times before- the proverbial “bad apple spoiling the barrel, that we’ve now rooted out!” As if.

I found it disgusting to listen to. The Lawrence family seemed exactly what you’d want as neighbours or friends. Even the Met couldn’t really get anything on them, and had to resort to trying to exhort some of the younger, more hot-headed family or friends to violence. Desperate to discredit them.

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Probably last on the list of things I need to talk about.

Jamie
    Free Member

Probably last on the list of things I need to talk about.

Go on then, what’s the first?

konabunny
    Free Member

Jesus. Every time you think you’ve been too cynical in the past…

Surely the Met should pay for the enquiry from their yearly budget?

Where is you think that money comes from?

RichPenny
    Free Member

Where is you think that money comes from?

Bribes?

somafunk

RichPenny : I was just about to post something along those lines…… Backhanders?….payment for information etc.

Disband/break-up the met police and let us have our streets back, and we’ll return to old-fashioned mob rule etc…..could it be any worse? 😉

I may be taking the piss with that outburst.

shermer75
    Free Member

flap_jack – Member
    This thread needs taking down. Doesn’t the OP know about who Kevin was ? Offensive in the extreme.

I don’t understand this comment.

somafunk

shermer75
    Free Member

Ah, ok.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘We should talk about Stephen Lawrence…’ is closed to new replies.