Viewing 4 posts - 81 through 84 (of 84 total)
  • We should be proud of our NHS
  • clubber
    Free Member

Maybe he did…

martinhutch

‘Poah’ is the noise he made during his elbow arthroscopy… 🙂

Anyhow, I’m not sure that universally being proud of the NHS is particularly helpful. I’ve had excellent, lifesaving treatment from one medical team, but only after switching from another team in a different city that were recommending something dating from Georgian period. Another team failed to spot the telltale signs of significant post-operative bleeding until my wife was slipping in an out of consciousness. I’ve had good GP treatment, and rubbish GP treatment.

The idea of the NHS is something we should be proud of, but the modern NHS is a patchwork of good, average, mediocre and awful.

chewkw
    Free Member

poah – Member

NHS would be better with doctors that actually knew their arse from their elbow

😆 But they surely know where to probe me though …

Drac – Moderator

Good job Chewkw didn’t see one of those ones.

I hope not and will never have to judging from the above. 😯

clubber – Member

Maybe he did…

Well, maybe I nearly did but the problems went away after few months. Not elbows but knee caps. Not sure what caused it.

Few years ago I would wake up in the morning with my knee “locked” at an angle. I couldn’t not straighten my leg(s) (sometimes both sometimes only one knee cap) at all. It was so painful I had to sit on the bed for a while slowly straightening my leg before I could get up from bed. Weird. Could be stress related but I am not sure.

When a knee cap is locked I had to slowly maneuver my leg to unlock it. Slowly straightening it or sometimes I would hit the knee cap with my palm like loosening something in there. (there was no pain hitting with palm just the straighten bit that hurts).

😯

clubber
    Free Member

Maybe it was like a biro and you needed to click it to release it.

Viewing 4 posts - 81 through 84 (of 84 total)

The topic ‘We should be proud of our NHS’ is closed to new replies.