Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • We-ride frame compatibility – modern frames….
  • beagle
    Free Member

Ok , so I have a transition klunker, to which the we-ride is attached. Due to the gearing, the weight and no brakes (except the pedal back) its usage is limited to flat rail 2 trail affairs and quiet road rides only.

Soooo… I’m looking at steel 29ers. Something like the Solaris. Everything I see though seems not to have enough clearance on the headtube. Anyone found a way around this? Possibly a large external top headset cup? I’m really happy with the we-ride otherwise and number two is due soon, so it’ll be seeing some action. Just want ability to do reasonable off road rides/trail centre red type stuff. I borrowed a mates Santa Cruz Chameleon for a Scotland trip last year and did Glenlivet with thevwe-ride – we had a blast.

Anyone riding a modernish 29er steel HT, which doubles up for we-ride duties?

ajantom

I too also have a Klunker – cool bikes 😉

For Wee-Ride duties I normally used my Surly Krampus. 44mm head-tube, so no way that it’d fit around the top.
    I removed the front part of the headtube clamp, wrapped some old inner tube around the top tube and then used a couple of very thick re-usable zip-ties to secure the front clamp/beam to the top-tube near the head tube.
    Worked fine for rides around the Haldon green route.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘We-ride frame compatibility – modern frames….’ is closed to new replies.