Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • We need to talk about numb nuts in the garage…..
  • edenvalleyboy
    Free Member

So, long session on the turbo today and my nether region went seriously numb for a long time….is that bad for me? The feeling (or lack of) is not a problem per se – I’m more wondering if it’s ‘damaging’ anything? 😀

scaredypants

yes, it’s real
    yes, can be damaging

sort out your position & saddle tilt and/or change saddle

DrP

Frequently I have to have a rummage to check the sausage hasn’t become mash, as I too completely lose feeling in it.

This is mostly on the bike.

DrP

eddie11
    Free Member

if you’ve got all the kids you plan on having I wouldn’t worry

mattbee

I found that I had the front wheel too high on the block thing I’ve got so it was effectively tilting the saddle nose up.
    Dropped the front wheel into the lower groove so saddle was level again.
    I also do try and move around a big on the saddle tobtry and relieve the pressure.

iainc

Not an area you want to lose blood flow too often….

merynella
    Free Member

A post-session massage of the area should sort you out. Ideally by your partner.

rollindoughnut
    Free Member

Rise out of the saddle from time to time, or stop and spend a few minutes off the bike. Turbo is hateful enough without adding to the misery.

edenvalleyboy
    Free Member

A post-session massage of the area should sort you out. Ideally by your partner. neighbour…

Wow – that sounds better than fixing the saddle…. 😀

@eddie11 – have all the children we want so least no concerns there…

iainc

I moved to ISM saddles around a year ago, no more numbness 😀

wanmankylung
    Free Member

There’s a thread on Mumsnet with an identical title.

devash
    Free Member

I used to get it on long seated climbs. Adjusting my saddle position (saddle pushed forward a touch and very slightly tilted forward) helped immensely.

It can be quite dangerous in the long run (i.e. impotence) so best to get it sorted asap.

ghostlymachine
    Free Member

Either adjust your saddle position, so it’s where it should be. Or move around a bit more. Stand up between intervals etc

Also, are you using your most knackered and ancient lycra?

Don’t. It’s probably only fit for the bin

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘We need to talk about numb nuts in the garage…..’ is closed to new replies.