Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • "We miss you" from shops
  • molgrips
    Free Member

It always feels a little silly to be told this by an automated system, but I had one from eSpares recently. A company that sells spare parts. Well, I’m touched, but none of my stuff has gone wrong lately so I don’t need any spares. Don’t make it personal..!

Anyone else received daft marketing emails?

njee20
    Free Member

Ha, like you, Espares are missing me too! But yes, as my dishwasher hasn’t broken again I’m unlikely to become a regular customer!

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Tudor watch adverts 😉 or daft Maserati pop ups really make you want to go out and buy avoid their products……

njee20
    Free Member

Ads? Pop ups? Nope, dunno.

Cougar

Not quite the same but, Charles Tyrwhitt must’ve spent more on me in brochures and assorted promotional material in the last six months than I’ve ever spent on shirts from them. I’ve got so many discount vouchers that at this rate they’re going to be paying me to buy from them.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

The tricks the shirt shops get up to to “pretend” that sale prices are really sale prices are funny (ok misleading)

Cougar

Yeah. Furniture shops are the worst for it, I think. “Half price sale, must end soon!!” Sheah right.

I’ve not looked, but I’ll bet good money that if I go to DFS’s website, they’ll be having a sale right now.

Drac

I ignore unless I actually need anything. Don’t see the issue with it, no worse than Amazon sending an email to remind of what you looked at yesterday.

Cougar

And now I’ve checked,

DFS: “The Sale of the Summer (final days to save)”

That, Mr Anderson…

centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

eSpares must be getting really lonely,they miss me as well, I must have made a good impression when I bought a switch off them 5 years ago.

AdamW
    Free Member

I got an email from espares too, with a £10 off £25 spend. I’ve got a dyson DC39 animal and could do with a second pre-filter while the first is being washed so I need something to add in another fiver.

To be fair they have been a bit of a godsend – I’ve fixed the washing machine, freezer, got bits for the oven etc. over the past few years which has saved me buying new stuff.

fenred
    Free Member

ProBikeKit seem to “miss me” about 3 times every day! 🙁

bedmaker

Keyline have been missing me recently. Perhaps they should try not ripping me off each time I visit!

loddrik
    Free Member

Thankfully Gmail seems to filer out all this shite and dump it in a different folder which I never have to read.

dufusdip
    Free Member

‘You left something in your basket’ emails.

No I didn’t. I was either:
    a) fantasy shopping
    b) found it cheaper elsewhere

Now sod off and stop spamming me.

binners

nothing touches my heart like answering my phone to hear a recorded message from some bunch of PPI shysters. Just makes me feel special

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Evans Cycles loads lately, ok I’ve done a few orders recently but every time i go on the site i seem to get an email 10 minutes after clicking off

MoreCashThanDash

Probikekit have missed me a lot lately as well.

molgrips
    Free Member

Charles Tyrwhitt

Oh yes. How many flippin shirts do you think I need?

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Yep I occasionally receive lovely thougtful miss-you messages from Dominos Pizza. It melts my heart and part of me would dearly love to reciprocate but a bad relationship was a bad relationship and I feel so much happier out if it tbh.

drlex
    Free Member

Charles Tywritt

Don’t know whether I was unlucky or they’re just shíte, but my first (and last) one from a PSA here was stiff, rough cloth that resisted ironing, and the “slim fit” translated to Tyrannosaurus Rex arm length (despite ordering size to match other brands). Only plus was the pair of brass collar stiffeners.

Daily spam is SportsPursuit; so very rarely find anything that makes me want to wait for delivery.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I feel hurt that I don’t receive these. I’m known globally to be a fine person. Everyday I get emails from people wanting me to look after the development of their 21 year old nieces and who’ll pay me over $1,000,000 to do so, and yet I get nothing from some online retailer?

Hmmmph! Flounce!!!!

thepurist

Don’t flounce eddiebaby, we’ll miss you 😉

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Tart.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

We miss you.

Miss your money more like!

Nobody loves you. So spend some money lol

footflaps

I unsubscribe from any retailer who emails me anything other than a receipt, so get very little, if any, we miss you type emails.

bikemike1968
    Free Member

As I was leaving a clothes retailer the sales assistant said “missing you already!” Not surprisingly, this was in America.

CraigW
    Free Member

‘You left something in your basket’ emails.

No I didn’t. I was either:
    a) fantasy shopping
    b) found it cheaper elsewhere

Now sod off and stop spamming me.
    Or just trying to find out how much postage costs. Often you can’t do this unless you go halfway through the checkout process.

andyrm
    Free Member

Fact is, they work.

While I still worked in an ecommerce business we trialled them and reactivation/cart abandonment software. Upshot was just shy of 7% revenue uplift in a given month, so a bloody good investment.

I’d suggest it probably is the same or similar in all ecommerce markets or else they wouldn’t do it.

CountZero

nothing touches my heart like answering my phone to hear a recorded message from some bunch of PPI shysters. Just makes me feel special

Not had one recently; I’m waiting for one so I can ask them exactly how much I can expect to get back… 😈

dufusdip
    Free Member

Interesting stat, andyrm. What percentage of customers starting the sales journey were leaving things in their basket and not completing before the eamil?

Putting on my work hat instead of customer one…

Greybeard
    Free Member

Upshot was just shy of 7% revenue uplift in a given month, so a bloody good investment

A month’s too short; it won’t show the drop in revenue from the lost purchases of the customers you’ve annoyed, as they probably wouldn’t have been back for a few months.

andyrm
    Free Member

It varied dependent on a number of criteria including time of month, day of week, time of day, product category and also price band, but I’d estimate a rough 20% abandonment rate and from speaking with peers at the time, that was about average.

What was interesting was the number of reactivated accounts that became repeat customers afterwards, in an industry of “one hit” customers.

Also saw very good stats on email open rates being far higher if they came from a “real” person, ie ben@companyx.com

andyrm
    Free Member

Greybeard – this was just a monthly average uplift. We did it ongoing 🙂

lemonysam
    Free Member

Our retargeting strategy’s very broad and, because we’re in quite a high value market, often quite personal. We see upwards of 20% returns and get very few unsubscribes off the back of follow up emails.

Basically it works.

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘"We miss you" from shops’ is closed to new replies.