Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • we don’t know just how good we are
  • rOcKeTdOg

i’m no expert biker, i mince about and try to frighten myself on downhills and puff and pant uphills, but came up behind 3 lads on a slight downhill bit of singletrack, yes, i’ll give you the “ATBs” they were riding were not the best, but they were all over the show, panic braking around muddy bits, sliding of little cobbles in the track and going woefully slow,putting a foot down here and there. it just shows you how, after all the practice we get we could get complacent, but we really are quite good at this riding off road lark…GO US!!*

*after passing them and accellerating away i went straight through a deep muddle gloop hole and nearly came straight off, but managed to save my embarrassment! 🙂

robgarrioch

Excellent, I was worried I was complete crap for a moment…!

Nico
    Free Member

That’ll be the 5 inches of front suspension travel then.

AlasdairMc

I can kind of see the point you’re making, like where you compare how fast you go down a trail to how fast you used to do the same trail. Or when you can do a climb completely seated having had to stand previously.

I realised the same on Sunday, that I’m actually a lot better than when I started out, although still nowhere near a lot of other riders.

shinsplints

votchy
    Free Member

Nice input Si, did you get bored!!!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘we don’t know just how good we are’ is closed to new replies.