• This topic has 18 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by aP.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • We done the new Campag road group?
  • mrblobby
    Free Member

Positioned as an Ultegra mechanical competitor but “with a little bit more soul” 😕 Looks quite nice…

http://road.cc/content/tech-news/182759-campagnolo-unveils-new-potenza-groupset-first-ride

Must have had some press embargo lifted as new disc prototypes revealed too…

http://road.cc/content/tech-news/182456-campagnolo-reveals-new-disc-brakes

Look a bit industrial but then I guess they are prototypes.

Always had Shimano on my road bikes, must admit to being a bit campy curious. Has this got the BB you can’t get any tools for?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

It used to be that you could fit Campag if the look of shimano chainsets was to much to bear. But those are fugly!

mrblobby
    Free Member

TINAS, yes, they do look a bit Shimano like! Probably not the Campy group to fit on your classic thin tubed steel racer.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    grenosteve
    Free Member

I like campag, but it should always be polished silver, not black.

Wouldn’t mind some hydro brakes on my Veloce equipped Pashley though, the TRP brakes are a bit pants.

woodster

Doesn’t really seem much different to Athena aside form still being behind the curve on max rear sprocket size.

A disappointing look for those like me who love a bit of polished Campy.

Chainsets power-torque and shifters are power-shift too.

All pretty uninspiring.

STATO
    Free Member

Always had Shimano on my road bikes, must admit to being a bit campy curious. Has this got the BB you can’t get any tools for?

its got a self extractor in this new one. I love campy but its not Ultegra level like they are pitching it, more like 105.

grenosteve
    Free Member

Just looked at it in more detail, 11-32 cassette and it comes in silver. May be a good upgrade for me!

mrblobby
    Free Member

Does appear a bit crowded in the Campag lineup.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

A bit disappointing. The new chainsets look awesome in carbon, not sure about that alloy variant though. Also, no Ultrashift or Ultratorque. It just looks like an Athena replacement really.

finbar
    Free Member

So what’s the difference between Potenza and Athena?

mrblobby
    Free Member

So what’s the difference between Potenza and Athena?

RRP 😉

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

that caliper and chainset look like they should be part of a low-end shimano group; the Acera brakes on my pov-spec Wazoo are more streamlined (and £24 for a caliper and MTB lever).

mrblobby
    Free Member

Thought it had the look of an old Hayes calliper. Still, pre-production stuff which probably hasn’t gone through the Campagnolo soul adding department yet.

rhayter

I love campy but its not Ultegra level like they are pitching it, more like 105.

Yeah, this. I fact, there are some bits on 11-speed 105 that look much better quality than Potenza. These rear derailleurs look really cheap. Shame.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

They are going to have to bring that price down south of £500 if it to “compete” with Ultegra and south of £350 for 105.

Nice to see they have stuck with the Tourney shifters though… 😆

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

They are going to have to bring that price down south of £500 if it to “compete” with Ultegra and south of £350 for 105.

An Ultegra Groupset is RRP £900 ain’t it?

Just all the shops seem to sell it for next to nowt.

mcj78
    Free Member

Maybe the real-life shots of the silver group will sway me, but that rear mech doesn’t look anywhere near as well finished as the current silver Athena equivalent, which is quite pleasantly shiny instead of having that dull anodised silver that seems to be the norm these days… the group looks pretty good in black though – that was the problem with Athena, even in the black alloy version it didn’t look quite right on modern bikes.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

An Ultegra Groupset is RRP £900 ain’t it?

You are correct but that price is still going to have to come down. No two ways about it.

aP
    Free Member

I’ll be waiting for disc/ EPS in about 2 year’s time once its all settled down. My current choices of 11spd Chorus on the best bike or 10spd Chorus on the cross bikes suits me very well at the moment. Herself has Chorus EPS which she is super impressed with.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘We done the new Campag road group?’ is closed to new replies.