Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • we buy any car – have I messed up?
  • organic355
    Free Member

Wife got an online quote a few weeks ago and it was around £6K.

I went on today to make an appt and wanted to get a more realistic idea so I recorded a few scratches etc and the price has dropped by over £2K?

Have I majorly messed up here? as they have this recorded in their system? and does the price drop depending on the number of times you get a re-quote?

glenh
    Free Member

It doesn’t matter. They will check the car over when you take it to them and knock money off for every scratch etc anyway.

i.e. you won’t get what the website quotes you anyway.

highclimber
    Free Member

I wouldn’t sell my car thru them as they are offering you bottom dollar for your motor. I have a modeo estate that they valued at 3.5k. looked on Autotrader for similar cars and I could get between 5 and 6k.

its a no brainer im afraid!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    j_me
    Free Member

Yes Autotrader

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

yeah your life is messed up beyond all repair !

no just re quote and if asked just say you were messing around…i sold a car on there and said it was perfect even if it did have a few scratches.

footflaps

The guy who assess the car is incentivised according to how much he can knock off the original quote to you….

They have loads of complaints against them…

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/money/3505244/WeBuyAnyCar-is-slammed-by-Office-of-Fair-Trading.html

emac65
    Free Member

Bro in law tried to sell his 6 mth old Fiesta titanium TDCI with 6,000 miles on the clock to them.They offered him 9.5k online & then picked up on tyre wear(6,000 miles ?)every silly little mark,the type that would buff out & even one that he couldn’t see,the bloke checking it reckoned he could see it though.My Bro in law has worked in the car trade for 30 years as paint inspection & panel beating.In other words,if he can’t see or feel it,then it aint there ! In the end they tried knocking the original quote down by nearly a grand.He told them to do one…
    Ended up selling it for private for 10K,buyer was chuffed to bits with his mint car with next to no mileage……..

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Don’t go there

jackthedog
    Free Member

They’re an offshoot of Carcraft, so avoid like the plague.

parkesie
    Free Member

westealanycar

beanieripper
    Free Member

steer well clear of em, just whack it in the autotrader

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

They offered my £3k for a 4 year old Lotus Elise once. 😀

haakon_haakonsson
    Free Member

Just for info I got an online valuation for my 9 year ols Saab 93 saloon. By the time I’d noted the odd chip and scratch, and told them it had done 150,000 miles, they quoted me £75!

Needless to say, I didn’t take them up on their offer. Trouble is, they keep emailing me asking if I’ve sold the car yet

billysugger
    Free Member

Why don’t you try wewantanycar.com. They sound loads better.

If you’re a nobber who’s the type to exchange your car for some magic beans.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Belter – costs you 24.95 to get next workin day payment – well wbac – you get the car when payment lands in my hand like any other car sale in the world !

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘we buy any car – have I messed up?’ is closed to new replies.