• This topic has 6 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by MSP.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • We all knew cycling was better for you but still…
  • kimbers

https://theconversation.com/cycling-to-work-major-new-study-suggests-health-benefits-are-staggering-76292

Makes me miss my 20mile a day round trip
    (I now get 6 miles a day bike-train-bike)

Really wish I could convince my wider family of the benefits

falkirk-mark

I think though that if you cycle to work you are probably looking after yourself a bit more in other ways anyway, so although the figures are correct probably hardly any (cyclists) smoke and they also watch what they eat and drink.

Poopscoop

When I used to cycle commute I had a Wimpy or kebab most days for lunch! Lots of beer at weekends too.

Don’t smoke though. 🙂

TheBrick
    Free Member

Chances of well design cycle facilities to encourage cycling? 0.135%

Even with design guidelines road designers still seem to produce awful infrastructure in new road schemes.

shermer75
    Free Member

Thanks for posting OP, this is indeed really important stuff.

We are probably already aware that lifestyle related diseases are by far the biggest killers in the UK today, however not as many people are aware that they are also the biggest cause of disability and constitute a vast drain on NHS resources.

shermer75
    Free Member

Here’s a similar message in an easy-to-digest video form:

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aUaInS6HIGo[/video]

MSP

falkirk-mark – Member

I think though that if you cycle to work you are probably looking after yourself a bit more in other ways anyway, so although the figures are correct probably hardly any (cyclists) smoke and they also watch what they eat and drink.

Importantly, we adjusted for other health influences including sex, age, deprivation, ethnicity, smoking, body mass index, other types of physical activity, time spent sitting down and diet

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘We all knew cycling was better for you but still…’ is closed to new replies.