Viewing 18 posts - 161 through 178 (of 178 total)
  • WCA Shed Thread
  • 66deg
    Free Member

Have you thought of having the bench split in half with a hinge and supported half way along underneath.
    If you are bending forwards to place and remove spare bench the chances of burning an exposed cheek seem quite high,it could reduce your accident rate ,just a thought.

mogrim

Looks like Escher designed your sauna 🙂

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

That is an idea. Something like this with the left hand part of the split bench folding up against the wall beside the sauna heater.

AlexSimon

Just lost 30mins to your car build thread 🙂
    Very nice work (and perseverance!)

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

A lot of the early stuff was done while stuck in bed waiting for the Docs to decide if they wanted to amputate my foot. Fun to plan and time consuming enough when researching the possibilities to distract me from the impending decision.

Glad you like it, the first time I have ever done anything like that. The nearest previous attempt was restoring an old Scimitar and very different to designing from a clean sheet.

Scimitar thread : http://www.madabout-kitcars.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3273

AlexSimon

I can’t afford to lose another half an hour! 🙂

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Sauna didn’t arrive. 🙁

Promised delivery today.
    Phone call yesterday to confirm I will be available today at all times between 8am and 5pm.
    Confirmed
    Phone call at 5:15pm saying that it wouldn’t be delivered today. Can I stay in all day tomorrow between 8am and 5pm?
    Grrrr.
    Can you give mr an accurate delivery time?
    Yes, between 8am and 5pm on November 12th, oh no, that is todays delivery. Same time tomorrow.
    Is that the best you can do?!?
    Yes, thank you for letting me help you brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr……

IA

On the bright side, there’s a joke in there somewhere about struggling to get wood? 😉

nbt

if you’ve waited in and they’v failed to deliver, you can try to claim for compensation for the extra day you now have to take off work

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/delivery-rights

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Might try – still hasn’t arrived

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Sauna wood and heater arrived and wiring checked. We have heat. Well, the heater is back in the garage while I clad the sauna.

Sauna clad on four walls. Need to fit a vent below where I mount the heater. I have an exit vent fitted near the floor by the door. Need to insulate, foil and clad the ceiling. Double think insulation for that.

I have a sliding peep hole but I am not sure if and where to fit it. Any suggestions or advice for one of these?

The walls against the garage and around the sauna exterior have been plastered and are drying before mist coat and bathroom paint.

Exterior window quartic all cut and fitted to the 5 of the 9 windows, just waiting for a break in the rain for the rest.

Still to Do:
    Paint plaster
    Interior window sills
    Corner post to cover on the interior 2 sides
    Final floor down
    Wooden surrounds for switch/sockets where required
    Sauna ceiling (insulation, foil and cladding)
    Fit sauna heater
    Sauna interior (Benches and wooden pillows)
    Folding shelves for glasses/bottles next to tub on Sauna wall
    Other stuff I can think of right now

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Paint plaster – Tick
    Interior window sills – TBA
    Corner post to cover on the interior 2 sides – TBA
    Final floor down – TBA
    Wooden surrounds for switch/sockets where required – TBA
    Sauna ceiling (insulation, foil and cladding) – Tick
    Fit sauna heater – Tick
    Sauna interior (Benches and wooden pillows) – Part Tick
    Folding shelves for glasses/bottles next to tub on Sauna wall – TBA

Walls plastered

Sauna room ready, heater in place and first bench in place

Other benches to be fitted soon.

Just came out of my first home sauna and it was lovely. So glad I went for Aspen lining instead of pine. It is so soft like leaning against Balsa wood

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

First idea for shed on 22nd September 2014

Completed except for final flooring 30th November 2014

properbikeco
    Free Member

looks brilliant, and can’t believe the progress you have made in the time

but

the way the benches are in the sauna seems just wrong – won’t you continually burn your arse on the sauna?

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

If you look at the Sketch up picture you can see that there is enough space but you have reminded me to build a sauna guard from the spare t&g

bearnecessities

Well done, looks great!

I also struggle with the concept of the power/size of your merc, lovely looking thing it is. Someone should start a thread on it. 🙂

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I also struggle with the concept of the power/size of your merc

It is only a little one. SLK

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Anyone want the cable?

I know spacemonkey said he was interested so he gets first dabs if he replies. No email in his profile so I can’t contact him

Description
    25mm² 6943XLH (3 Core) Armoured Cable

Just over 10m left. Offers ~£70?

Viewing 18 posts - 161 through 178 (of 178 total)

The topic ‘WCA Shed Thread’ is closed to new replies.