• This topic has 128 replies, 53 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by colp.
Viewing 9 posts - 121 through 129 (of 129 total)
  • WC DH Leogang – it's gonna get dirty
  • fifeandy
    Free Member

You don’t half talk pish some times.

I didn’t say I believed it – you’d need to be an idiot to buy a bike/brand purely because *insert pro rider here* is using it and doing well on it.
    But clearly bike brands believe that people do indeed buy bikes for that reason.

hexhamstu
    Free Member

and claudio was alluding that the rat had been given marching orders…

Greg made a comment in an interview about how they had been sent some pretty choice text messages from rob roskopp (I think) about pulling their fingers out and getting some results. It was mainly in jest and I doubt anyone is getting their marching orders.

chakaping
    Free Member

or is their deal with the team and spec supply the team?

Frames from Spesh I think?

claudio was alluding that the rat had been given marching orders…

What!? Missed that on the replay, are you sure?

sharkattack

Whaaaat? How did I miss this? What did he say?

but how long is the deal with spec for bruni and vergier? or is their deal with the team and spec supply the team?

He’s been there a while now. The team hasn’t changed just the bikes. I’m guessing he’ll get some pretty robust offers at the end of this season.

moonsaballoon

I might be wrong but I’m sure I read that bruni had signed with his team for 3 years and ratboy had a relatively long term contract as well . The new gt team seem to be having a pretty bad year results wise but due to the characters lots of coverage , blinki not having a great year but got on the podium at ews , I suppose these days it’s not just race results that sponsors are after , it’s worth reading annaka beertans post about it

nickc

no he didn’t. Rob and Claudio had a conversation around the subject that Greg had received some “choice” emails from Rob, and perhaps Ratboy would be getting some. It was said as they were watching Josh more or less rolling down after binning it at the top of the course.

It was gossip.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Yep Josh said he had got a target the year he took the overall (and nearly won the Worlds with the mangled foot)

As for Bruni remember when he came down to win the worlds and bump Greg and Josh down a step? They were the cheering for him and right there (and apparently the after party at CG’s another SC man was legendary) when he won in Cairns to congratulate him on winning. Would be a great fit for him and the other 2.

muggomagic

Watching the last couple of syndicate vids on YouTube Josh doesn’t seem like he’s in the right frame of mind. Maybe he’s finding it harder without Peaty around all the time.

colp

Just sorting through some footage from the other week, here’s one of me following my lad Matt with his friend Moritz in front, a pair of quick 14 yr olds. We’re on the freeride track but you can see where it merges with the DH track (usually on the left) a lot of the time. It’s my last year of keeping up with them I reckon, we’re hitting 40 MPH at times.

[video]https://youtu.be/KrYFxCfT1SI[/video]

Viewing 9 posts - 121 through 129 (of 129 total)

The topic ‘WC DH Leogang – it's gonna get dirty’ is closed to new replies.