Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Ways to send from Google Maps (or other online map) to Garmin device
  • leffeboy

Back in the day it used to be possible to find a place on a google map, right click on it and select Send to GPS and that point would get sent to your Garmin if it was plugged into your computer. It was great and just worked

That trick seems to have been removed and Basecamp sucks at search so does anyone know a good way of finding an address online and sending it to your garmin device? at the moment I often have to have both Basecamp and a map up on a screen at the same time to make sure I get the right location and that is clearly rubbish.

Anyone found any nice tricks for sending locations from an online map to a garmin? A method that worked with Android phones and bluetooth would be even better

deadkenny
    Free Member

Google says… Ride With Gps ?

Export Routes to Garmin Device

Though that would be sending a route. Not sure sending just a location makes any sense with a Garmin. What would the Garmin do with that?

Though you can set locations in Garmin devices but these are for altitude calibration usually. Or is that what you mean?

Edit: though thinking about it you could be talking about a car Garmin or similar, i.e. nothing to do with bike type Garmin devices (I just realised this isn’t in the bike forum). In which case… don’t know 😀

leffeboy

I’ve got and Edge 1000 that routes reasonably nicely to a location according to criteria that I set. I tend to use this sort of thing a lot when going to places that I don’t visit often such as restaurants so location tends to work better than routes

Ride with GPS might be good though, I’ll take a look

deadkenny
    Free Member

Ah, okay, didn’t realise it will do route calculation also. Thought it just did fancy maps and follow a prepared route. That’s pretty handy then.

Guess you’ve looked at the Garmin Connect app for Android?

CraigW
    Free Member

Use Google Earth to mark a point, then export it as a GPX file?
    Then you can copy that file onto the Garmin.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Ways to send from Google Maps (or other online map) to Garmin device’ is closed to new replies.