Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Way OT… Wall lights or no wall lights?
  • mtbmaff
    Free Member

We're having a house built and we've got to the point of deciding about lighting, would you have wall lights

in the lounge?

My wife feels they spoil the clean lines of the walls and that they are dated now, she wants ceiling lights and

table lamps.

Would you bother having wall lights or just wiring for them?

iDave
    Free Member

a trout light clamped to the curtain rail?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I would not have wall lights – I would however put in a multiple switch at the door switching lighting sockets in the room – so you can plug lamps in and switch them from the door

rOcKeTdOg

wall lights are for the 70's/80,s or museums/art galleries

Free Member

ceiling/floor lights close to the wall, or, some concealed lighting behind some coving/a cut out in the ceiling. Have a read of http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?pid=4343433&op=1&o=global&view=global&subj=528260024&id=545067241

If you're having a property built, you'll be looking at energy management? lighting control systems?

Teej is right, some round-pin 5a sockets for control of table/floor lamps is a wise idea!

wall lights depend on what you've got throughout the property. If you're ultra modern (read: steel fittings) then somewhere like delta light could be a good port of call.

feel free to drop me a message if you want to chat a bit further

jt

Free Member

Oh heck, should have checked what pasted over…

what you need is Sally Storey, lighting recipes… have a look on amazon!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Way OT… Wall lights or no wall lights?’ is closed to new replies.