Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • way OT: how to paint into a corner over textured wallpaper
  • plumslikerocks
    Free Member

am painting the back of my chimney breast alcoves in a much darker colour than the sides.

For the life of me, I cannot get a good edge between the two colours. Normally I have a steady hand and am not bad at this, but the textured wallpaper is stopping me from getting a “clean sweep” or masking off. Are there any other tricks of the trade?

teethgrinder

mask off and detail with a model brush when dry?

chorlton
    Free Member

I never bother masking off, the paint creeps under even on a smooth surface. Get two or three quality synthetic brushes of different sizes and see which you prefer. It will get easier after the first coat.
    Over lap round the corner on each colour as well for the first coat to get the corner filled up with paint.

Marin
    Free Member

Get some Fitch brushes from a good decorator store and get steady handed and patient.

ski
    Free Member

Marin – Member

Get some Fitch brushes from a good decorator store and get steady handed and patient.

Or make your own by trimming an existing brush

Swelper
    Free Member

Clean edges when painting eh, well, what i did (one burn red wall meets cream wall) paint the walls (obviously) then got some 1/4 circled beading from Homebase then painted that cream. let dry then cut to length and apply to corner with No Nails glue

Sure fine edging

plumslikerocks
    Free Member

cool – good ideas – may try to get a bevelled brush next

chorlton
    Free Member

Clean edges when painting eh, well, what i did (one burn red wall meets cream wall) paint the walls (obviously) then got some 1/4 circled beading from Homebase then painted that cream. let dry then cut to length and apply to corner with No Nails glue

Sure fine edging

CHEAT CHEAT CHEAT CHEAT CHEAT CHEAT CHEAT. 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘way OT: how to paint into a corner over textured wallpaper’ is closed to new replies.