Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Way OT – Draytek Router config
  • Shakey
    Free Member

Okay, this is going to get technical so bear with me!

I have some cameras which are accessed by opening port 81 on the router. I have done this easily on Netgear routers but the Draytek appears to be a damn site trickier. I have opened the correct port and mapped the right address but it won’t work.

Do I need to do anything special on the Draytek router which I didn’t have to do on the Netgear?

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

He. We use Drayteks extensively in work. Which model is it, as the configuration can vary a little?

Also is the camera on a fixed IP or do you need to enable DHCP?

zilog6128

You don’t say what model router but I assume the GUI is similar if not the same for all of them. On mine (Vigor 2820) you use “Open Ports” which is under “NAT” in the main menu. You need to click on it after you’ve set it up and make sure it’s active (as it can be setup but inactive). AFAIK that’s all you need to do. Although if it’s only a single port (81) you’re using you might want to do “Port Redirection” rather than “Open Ports”

I take it you’ve looked at this page? http://www.draytek.co.uk/support/kb_vigor_portforwarding.html
    The Draytek online docs are very good IMO

Shakey
    Free Member

The model is a 2850n. I have opened ports 81 to the ip address 192.168.0.99 and it is active. Do I need to open the map and map the address?

zilog6128

not sure, I’ve certainly never had to do that. Have you set the protocol type correctly? It might be worth checking that nothing else is using port 81 as well.

Shakey
    Free Member

Protocol is set to TCP!

Shakey
    Free Member

The camera is on a fixed IP.

VanMan
    Free Member

Total shot in the dark as don’t normally mess with Drayteks, but if it is a firewall policy does communication need to be two way on Port 81 or only outbound? Only asking as you mention you opened the port “to 192.168.0.99” you may need to open to and from.

Shakey
    Free Member

I believe it needs to be inbound and outbound but not sure how to configure the firewall policy!

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

Is the camera also on Port 81? If not you need to set a forwarding rule rather than just mapping the port.

Haven’t got any 2850s but it should be under NAT / Port redirection.

Link posted by zilog6128 above shows you how.

Shakey
    Free Member

I have set-up the port redirection, opened the port and set-up the address mapping as per the instructions but it still doesn’t want to play!

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

Sounds like you’ve checked everything that I would suggest.

Can you ping the camera IP address from the router itself? (should be under Diagnostics / Ping Diagnosis)?

Shakey
    Free Member

Not tried pinging from the router but I can ping the IP address from a PC on the network!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Way OT – Draytek Router config’ is closed to new replies.