Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Wattbike
  • howarthp

Does anybody have one? I’ve been recommended to get one by my coach specifically to aim for TTs and triathlons. It’s for the power measurement

curiousyellow
    Free Member

We have one in the gym at work and I use it for sprint training on the days I don’t get in early. It’s pretty good, but the saddle on it feels like sitting on a giant jellyfish. Looks like they can be swapped for normal saddles though.

Why are you looking at buying one? Unless 2k+ is chump change for a man of your means. They do take up a lot of space, so you’d better be single and have a large house, or a very understanding partner!

convert

I’d be getting a power meter for your race bike and turboing on that. Cost about the same and massive added bonus of taking the power measurement out on the road.

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

Watt Bikes are great bits of kit but VERY expensive and bulky.

Like said above unless it’s small change to you and you have plenty of space I’d be thinking of a PowerTap rear hub system and a half right turbo, at least you can use it out on the road as well if you choose to.

TeBheag
    Free Member

Why don’t you rent one? You could have it over the winter and see how it goes? Great bit of kit.

mudshark
    Free Member

I know 2 guys who decided to go for a Cycleops trainer over a Wattbike

http://www.evanscycles.com/categories/training-energy/turbo-trainers/f/cycleops#!!sort=desc

The-milkybar-kid
    Free Member

Yeh you can rent them my sister in law works there I think they are £50 odd a month so not cheap.

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

Wattbikes are £89 per month to rent with 50% back (up to £300) if you decide to buy it at after the rental.

seadog101

Got one in the Gym at work. Nice bit of kit, but the handle bars make my hands cramp up something bad.

GregMay
    Free Member

Have one in the lab, nice to test on, get a powermeter for your bike and learn to use it. Even better for pacing TT’s in real time.

TeBheag
    Free Member

£50 a month would be an utter bargain! I think they’ve just gone up to about a ton… Probably due to demand.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Wattbike’ is closed to new replies.