Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Waterworld in Stoke – a good way to kill a few hours in the school hols…?
  • -m-
    Free Member

…or a filthy packed hell-hole?

Looking for something to occupy the (older) kids for a few hours one day during the summer holidays and like the idea of Waterworld in theory, however:

* It’s £10 each
    * Some of the rides are still the same as when it opened (which was when I was at school…)
    * The website has possibly the world’s worst promotional video
    * The on-line reviews I can find are totally polarised between “It’s really great” by 14-year-olds and “It’s overpriced, run-down and dirty” by parents.

I’d be interested in anyone’s thoughts/experiences or alternative suggestions in the area.

Many thanks.

pop-larkin
    Free Member

Its a bit of both- having taken my youngest there for a party its my idea of hell but they enjoyed it! I did learn a few new swear words from the kids in the queue as well!

What about the plaza in Forest Park- great for bmx, skateboarding and inline skating?

iDave
    Free Member

It’s a scummy filthy hell-hole

Depending on the age of your kids, Dimensions in Tunstall is better (if they’re young)

Or splash landings at Alton Towers.

Nick

Waterworld in Stoke

All you need to know.

postierich
    Free Member

People from Tamworth go there for their holidays!

-m-
    Free Member

Hmmmm… not sounding too positive then!

Kids are both in their teens, so it’s more difficult to fool them by walking round in circles going on the same thing again and again 🙂

What’s the Alton Towers one like? It doesn’t look like there’s a huge amount there.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

The first time I went I was 8, I weed in the water. I went back a month ago with my nephew, not much has changed (including the water).

speaker2animals

I haven’t been for ages but friends with kids who have fall in the dirty camp. Alton Towers Slash Landings sounds better but then how much do they charge. I don’ t think a trip from outside Stoke warrants Waterworld. Not sure if a trip from Longton would!

iain1775
    Free Member

isn’t there a water place outside burton on Trent just off a38 as well? Not too far from stoke

wrightyson
    Free Member

Splash landings is great …… But book in advance, take food (eye watering prices and queues at lunch) be prepared to queue if it’s Saturday or Sunday! Oh and we ain’t talking American on Spanish water parks either, but better than Stoke!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Waterworld in Stoke – a good way to kill a few hours in the school hols…?’ is closed to new replies.