• This topic has 6 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by aP.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Waterproof/showerproof gilet for mtb'ing use….?
  • jackal
    Free Member

Following on from my other recent winter/wet weather gear replacement thread…… I’m looking into getting a waterproof/shower proof gilet for those cold or slightly damp days and save the new waterproof jacket for full on downpours.

Does any one use one for mtb/off road duties? There seem to be plenty of the road riding type available but nothing mtb specific eg hard wearing, not too tight etc etc…

Any recommendations?

😀

creamegg
    Free Member

Ive got an endura jacket which has removable sleeves, works well

tomd
    Free Member

I’ve got one of these:

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/endura-laser-gilet/rp-prod18079

The cut is pretty relaxed and if you keep it proofed the front is water resistant. Quite cheep as well. The fabric is pretty tough, not likely to wear it out.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    jackal
    Free Member

Yes creamegg, I’ve got one of those but its circa 6 years old and about knackered. I was thinking about replacing with a better/lighter/more packable jacket and seperate gilet combo…

Cheers tomd I’ll look into those.

😀

kristoff
    Free Member

I’ve got an endura convert with the removable sleeves.

Works pretty well up until the weather gets really bad then the gaps where the sleeves join can let a little water in. Ideal for spring, summer and most of autumn in the UK though 🙂

cinnamon_girl

I’ve got the ladies equivalent of this:

http://www.tgstore.eu/path-vest-p-3932.html

It gets used loads and the other day saw off a couple of showers.

As always with Gore, go a size or two larger.

aP
    Free Member

I just wear road gilets. They’re plenty hard wearing, I don’t quite understand this belief that road stuff doesn’t last.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Waterproof/showerproof gilet for mtb'ing use….?’ is closed to new replies.