Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Waterproofish trousers……
  • ton

for commuting.
    looking for some waterproof or near as.
    or some softshell ones maybe, any idea’s anyone?

chainslapp
    Free Member

Endura Venturi event trousers are good IMO. Used mine the other day on the MTB for a road ride and they kept me dry, plus they seem to breath very well. Ive also got some Endura Singletracks as well which are supposed to be shower proof, but are very comfortable.

scaled
    Free Member

Aldi win here for me!

Softshell on the front, breathable lycra type stuff on the back – Nice and toasty down to about -5 and not too hot that you cant use them up to about 10 degrees.

and they cost about £12 😀

edward2000
    Free Member

Ive just purchased some Jack Wolfskin trousers – ive not used them yet so cant report on them. Ive heard Altura trousers aren’t waterproof and never tried Endura. However these appear to be a bit of a bargain

http://www.winfieldsoutdoors.co.uk/jack-wolfskin-accelerate-mens-waterproof-pants.html

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I recently got some Paramo windproof shell trousers but have not yet tried them. I’ll report when i do.

boriselbrus
    Free Member

The Paramo windproof shell trousers are not remotely waterproof (but great on dry, windy mountains).

ton

think i am gonna go with softshell, need a bit of warmth too.

johnellison
    Free Member

If you want waterproof Paramos the Velez Adventure trousers are the ones to go far. But I suspect that in some areas (particularly gritsone/sandstone areas) that they would wear through in no time. I have both the pants and the jacket which are great for walking, but I only wear the jacket when I’m on the bike; I wear Endura eVent tights and my Sombrio baggies over the top in winter. The pants would probably be good (if expensive) for commuting.

Warmth is more important than staying dry – being warm and damp (vicar) is uncomfortable; being cold and wet can be lethal.

oliverd1981
    Free Member

I rode a couple of days of DH in my old snowboard trousers, pretty waterproof, pretty breathable, quite warm, reasonably durable. There’ll be plenty of cheap black snowboard and ski trousers about…

Esme
    Free Member

Rainlegs ? 😆

maxtorque

sorry, but i can’t help reading: Water Proof Fish Trousers.

Which, i guess, if you are a fish, is probably useful tbh?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Waterproofish trousers……’ is closed to new replies.