Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Waterproofing
  • ruminant
    Free Member

Hi

Simple question:

Has anybody ever waterproofed a pair of shorts (Endura Humvee's) and did they use.

How success was it?

Cheers

Gary_M
    Free Member

It wouldn't work as you can't waterproof something that was never waterproof in the first place. You could spray it with some waterproof stuff but the water would just pour in the seams.

ruminant
    Free Member

well that's an arse!

Even if I used one of the in-wash proofers?

I'm just trying to get away from my drylines as the just drop round my ankles every time I move on the bike, does my head in!

Gary_M
    Free Member

Even if I used one of the in-wash proofers?

It still won't seal the seems and to be honest won't make the fabric waterproof either.

leelovesbikestoo
    Free Member

Ruminant, the shorts are coated with a Teflon finish, but this will break down over time.

In the past I have used a wash-in proofer on ripstop baggies (non-Endura) and found they come out with an unpleasant slightly sticky residue. You could try the spray-on reproofer you'd use for stiff walking jackets if you wanted them to shrug off splashes, but best bet is new shorts. Have a look at these http://www.endura.co.uk/Product.aspx?dept_id=112&prod_id=344 which won the Eurobike award.

votchy
    Free Member

Use a pair of braces to hold up your drylines

phiiiiil

I've used some wash-in stuff on a well-used pair of Humvees; it did keep my rear drier. As mentioned above water will still get in the seams if it's really wet but it doesn't soak through the rest which seems to have made a big difference.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Waterproofing’ is closed to new replies.