Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Waterproof winter bib tights – replacements needed
  • snownrock

My Planet X Echostorm tights are starting to fall apart after several years of winter commuting and are no longer on sale. Any recommendations for replacements? Waterproof/resistant and Windproof please, pad preferred but not essential. Ideally no more than £50 but that seems unlikely (the PX’s were £30 🙁 )

The madison sportive shield softshell bibtights look good, any others?

akira

Castelli nanoflex for about £65 from cyclesurgery.

mcnultycop

My Ribble winter ones are a bargain at £25. Windproof, keep the knees warm and do OK in the rain.

karnali
    Free Member

Try galibier.cc

snownrock

@mcnultycop, I tried those Ribble ones and didn’t like them at all. The fit was all wrong for me. Worn them for a short ride so couldn’t return them, you could have them for a few beer tokens if you’re a medium?

leeroybrown
    Free Member

Snowrock I’ll pay your going rate if the mcnultycop isn’t a medium

alanf
    Free Member

Sportful no rain? – not sure if they do a bib long though
    EDIT: yes, but a bit spendy

snownrock
    snownrock

Picked up a pair of Castelli Nanoflex from Cycle Surgery yesterday for £66 as suggested. My first item of Castelli kit, they are a lovely fit but i’m not overly impressed with their quality, I certainly wouldn’t have wanted to pay £110 for them. They’re also not what I was expecting, I was after a soft shell type tight, the Nanoflex just seem to be a roubaix tight, for which i’m happy with DHB.

I’ve taken a punt and ordered some Endura Windchill tights instead as I think these are more what I am after, will probably return the Castelli tights.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Waterproof winter bib tights – replacements needed’ is closed to new replies.