Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Waterproof trousers recommendations please.
  • haggis1978

Looking for a pair of waterproof trousers after an off ripped the last pair. Are the Endura MT500 ones any good? Better than any of the Gore offerings?

butcher

Aldi normally do them around this time of year. Or is it Lidl? Anyone know if they have them in, I know they got cycling stuff in this week, but they don’t have it on their site anymore.

Anyway, they’re not bad for a tenner or whatever they are. Though I ripped mine (a problem with that kind of material and sealed seams I find).

dknwhy

If you’re not fussed about cycling specific ones, Berghaus Deluge are good.

welshfarmer

In this months Mountain-Bike magazine (German Mag so I doubt you have read it 🙂 ) there is a test of 8 waterproof cycling trousers, including the Endura MT500 and the Gore Power Trail AS. Results suggest that the Endura are the worst in the test while the Gore and another trouser using the same Gore fabric come out on top. The best trousers, at 50 euro less than the Gore branded stuff (180 instead of 230), is made by Loeffler (GTX Active overtrousers). Sure you can find them on the German websites.
    The budget option with best results are the Scott Trail MTN 20 Rain pants for 130 Euros.

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

Showers Pass – expensive but excellent

haggis1978

Cheers folks i’ll have a look at those 🙂

epicyclo

Mudguards, and then you can wear breathable clothing.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Waterproof trousers recommendations please.’ is closed to new replies.